MCG May 2012

Re: SHIC

Rob Tice <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 1 May 2012 18:58:08 +0100

Hi Anra (and anyone also interested in NC vocabs)

Please see

http://public.lexaurus.net/

We put this up just to persist the more common NC vocabs after the ISB
withdrew funding for a live education vocab service in 2008, quite ironic
considering the interest now!

Cheers

Rob

PS I think we do have pretty much all of them 'in a drawer somewhere' as you
intimated  : )

-----Original Message-----
From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anra
Kennedy
Sent: 01 May 2012 18:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: SHIC

Hi Nick, Richard et al

With ref to below Nick, I know it's a stretch, but any chance of the Culture
Grid Vocab Bank also taking on the National Curriculum vocabularies?
Especially with the rumblings around the Henley Review there must be museums
who'd find this useful?

Sad as it is, I find myself missing the old Becta Vocab Bank -  see
http://developer.k-int.com/bank/index.php?page=about for the ghost of some
educational vocabs. And I do believe it was Knowledge Integration who built
the system for Becta so might they have the curriculum ones rattling around
a drawer somewhere?

Or does anyone else on the list know where the vocabs went? Presumably
commercial software suppliers must need/use them? We have the last version
of KS1-4 published by QCA/Becta before everything crumbled within
Culture24's system but I don't know how up-to-date they are...
any pointers gratefully received.

Thanks,
Anra

Anra Kennedy
Content & Partnerships Director, Culture24

Direct line: 01273 623357

Office line: 01273 623266

Follow: @anrakennedy

About: www.WeAreCulture24.org.uk

Supporting the cultural sector to reach audiences online

Enjoy: www.culture24.org.uk

Your arts & heritage guide online

Museums at Night: www.museumsatnight.org.uk

Annual festival of arts, culture & heritage 18th-20th May 2012

Culture24 is the official cultural data provider to the BBC