We're going stateside with our popular course on...
Online Journal Discovery and Delivery: Working with libraries and industry intermediaries to maximise readership
* Ever wondered why people use Sci-Hub when they work in well-funded institutions?
* Want to understand why some authentication methods don't work in all countries?
* Need some practical tips on maximising discovery?
Join us at one of our new workshops in New York (https://www.alpsp.org/Training/Online-Journal-Discovery-and-Delivery-US/63242) and Washington DC (https://www.alpsp.org/Training/Online-Journal-Discovery-and-Delivery-US/63242) as we guide you on the user journey from discovery to delivery answering all your questions along the way.
Course content is specifically tailored to the North American Market and will provide valuable insight for all departments within the publishing business. It will cover:
* How users navigate to journal content: features and benefits of resource discovery, journal hosts, publisher websites, aggregators, search engines and library resource discovery, major players involved in online journal platform, advances in user navigation and mobile-ready platforms
* How libraries manage e-resources: linking through URL and OpenURL, the development and importance of Link Servers; the role of library web pages, resource discovery services (RDS) and journals management tools
* Authentication: user authentication methodologies and their limitations: IP address ranges, proxies, Athens, Shibboleth, and single-sign-on (SSO).
Date & Venue:
New York at OUP, 198 Madison Avenue on Tuesday 26 March 2019 - https://www.alpsp.org/Training/Online-Journal-Discovery-and-Delivery-US/63243
Washington DC at IEEE-USA, 2001 L Street NW STE 700 on Thursday 28 March 2019
Tutors: Simon Inger and Tracy Gardner, Renew Publishing Consultants
Find full details of our new North American courses on our website https://www.alpsp.org/Events-Training
Want to take advantage of the reduced course rates and extra discounts? Join ALPSP!
ALL employees belonging to ALPSP member organizations are entitled to reduced registration rates for all our conferences, courses, webinars and seminars AND can take advantage of further Early bird and Webinar Series discounts. Many organizations find that these savings alone offset membership costs and they can enjoy all the other ALPSP membership benefits too - https://www.alpsp.org/Membership/Member-Benefits
Find out more about the benefits of ALPSP Membership contact: [log in to unmask]
For all ALPSP event enquires contact: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Learned Publisher Administrator
The Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP)
E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> T: +44 (0)1827 709188
W: www.alpsp.org<http://www.alpsp.org/> Follow us on Twitter: @alpsp
ALPSP is a Company limited by guarantee and incorporated in England and Wales Registration no: 4081634. Registered Office: Egale 1, 80 St Albans Road, Watford WD17 1DL UK
DISCLAIMER: This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the person(s) entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. This email may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ALPSP. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please return it to the sender immediately and delete it completely from your computer system.
To subscribe or unsubscribe from the list:
Go to the group homepage at www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lis-profession and choose the 'Subscribe or Unsubscribe' link from that page. You will receive a confirmation email which you will need to respond to.
Leave the group via the same link.
Alternatively, send the following command to [log in to unmask] :