Help for LIS-PUB-LIBS Archives

LIS-PUB-LIBS Archives

LIS-PUB-LIBS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-PUB-LIBS Home

LIS-PUB-LIBS  January 2005

LIS-PUB-LIBS January 2005

Re: Written policies on breastfeeding in public libraries

Kerry Corbett <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:18:54 +0000

Just to clear up any misunderstanding on this.  We wanted examples of
written policies to give a background to encouraging our libraries to be
child friendly and to encourage breastfeeding particularly as we work very
clearly with Surestart. This is helpful for staff training, for example, or
if other customers complain.   We have now received 10 statements from
those who have a written policies in place.  Thanks to those authorities -
we will be using these as the bedrock for our own policy.

Regards Kerry

Kerry Corbett
Principal Libraries Development Manager:
Social Inclusion

Tel 01744 455405
Fax 01744 455497

             "parsons, joe"
             <joe.parsons@MEDW
             AY.GOV.UK>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  [log in to unmask]
             "lis-pub-libs: UK                                          cc
             Public Libraries"
             <LIS-PUB-LIBS@JIS                                     Subject
             CMAIL.AC.UK>              Re: Written policies on
                                       breastfeeding in public libraries

             07/01/2005 16:31

             Please respond to
              "parsons, joe"
             <joe.parsons@MEDW
                AY.GOV.UK>

I agree. Why would you need a policy beyond 'if your baby needs feeding, go
ahead and feed it'?

Joe