LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-LINK Home

LIS-LINK  April 2011

LIS-LINK April 2011

Copyright Query

"MacNeilage, Shona" <[log in to unmask]>

MacNeilage, Shona

Fri, 1 Apr 2011 11:20:46 +0100

Good Morning

Apologies for bringing this topic up on a Friday.

We have been looking at whether it is possible to scan an article or not
if we do not have a licence and are looking for some outside
opinions/thoughts as we have probably been looking at the small print
for too long.

Our questions are:

Can you scan items if you don't have a licence or not? If you can scan
are you allowed to save/print, or can you print off from a scan (as if
the scanner were like a photocopier). If you can scan, can you keep
copies or do you have to delete them straight away? If you have a scan
can you email it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shona MacNeilage

Library Manager Stobhill/Victoria Hospitals

Tel: 0141 347 8082 (V) Mon, Tue, Fri

Tel: 0141 355 1685 (S) Wed, Thu

Fax: 0141 355 1772

The NHSGGC Library Network, along with all other NHS library services in
Scotland, is modernising its journal subscriptions. Our libraries will
no longer receive print copies of most journals: however, you can still
access all our journals on-line, via the NHS Scotland Knowledge Network
(www.knowledge.scot.nhs.uk <http://www.knowledge.scot.nhs.uk/> ).

NHSGG&C Disclaimer

The information contained within this e-mail and in any attachment is
recipient, please destroy this message, delete any copies held on your
systems and notify the sender immediately; you should not retain, copy
or use this e-mail for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its
content to any other person.

All messages passing through this gateway are checked for viruses, but
we strongly recommend that you check for viruses using your own virus
scanner as NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde will not take responsibility for
any damage caused as a result of virus infection.