LIS-E-RESOURCES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-E-RESOURCES Home

LIS-E-RESOURCES  November 2009

LIS-E-RESOURCES November 2009

Re: Free e-content - what do you do?

Angela Conyers <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:16:57 -0000

Dear all
I've been interested to follow these emails, as Evidence Base is currently working with LISU on a revision of the e-measures questions in the SCONUL Annual Library Statistics.  Where journals that are 'freely and publicly available online' are currently explicitly excluded from the count of journal titles, the revised version which is now being trialled will have a new question on 'number of e-serial titles received but not purchased'  which should include
* open access titles freely available electronically to which the library provides a link in its catalogue, ERM, link resolver or other listing
After the trial this academic year (2009-10), we hope to introduce the new questions for 2010-11. The interest there has been in this topic suggests that this change will be welcomed by SCONUL libraries.
Best wishes
Angela

Dr Angela Conyers
Evidence Base