*Apologies for cross-posting*
IET.tv wins Gold in Top International Award – 2018 Summit Creative Award
The Institution of Engineering and Technology’s in-house video production team IET.TV beat more than 5,000 submissions from 24 countries to win Gold at this year’s 2018 Summit Creative Award® competition.
The team’s creative work for the IET’s Young Woman Engineer of the Year Awards ‘Portrait of an Engineer’ film, depicted the careers of the six award finalists in a modern light, providing a stark contrast to the stereotypical image of engineering being a career dominated by males and that of hard hats and greasy overalls.
Mark Reynard, Business Manager for IET.tv says: “We are delighted to have been selected for this prestigious award. The Young Woman Engineer of the Year Award is one small part of a wider campaign by the IET to challenge stereotypes and showcase diversity in engineering. It is an honour to communicate this important message and to have this work recognised by the Summit Creative Award is a testament to the hard work of so many teams within the IET as well as the IET.tv Productions team.”
The Summit Creative Award (SCA) recognizes and celebrates the creative achievements of small and medium sized advertising agencies worldwide with annual billings under $30 million. Celebrating its 23rd year, the SCA has firmly established itself as the premier arbiter of creative excellence for firms of this size and has become a coveted honour.
This year's panel of international judges included professionals representing the following countries: Australia, Canada, Chile, Japan, South Africa, and the United States.
Entries in 13 major categories are judged against a stringent set of standards. During its blind judging (entering company names withheld) the Board of Judges search for and identify innovative and creative concepts, strong executions and user experience, and the ability to communicate and persuade. Winners were selected in a wide-range of categories from print and broadcast to, online advertising and social media.
“Winning a Summit Creative Award is a significant accomplishment in one’s career. With vetted judges, tough judging criteria, two-phase blind judging processes, and strict bylaws limiting winners, only deserving entries receive recognition,” said Jocelyn Luciano, Executive Director for the Summit International Awards (SIA). “The creative work this year was outstanding. Watching the judges debate the details of individual entries in the run-off for the tops spots was inspiring.”
For more information about the IET’s Young Woman Engineer of the Year Awards and the Portrait of an Engineer campaign, visit: https://conferences.theiet.org/ywe/campaigns/engineer/index.cfm. Watch over 9,000 engineering videos at www.iet.tv- transcript searching now available.
Notes to Editor
This year's SCA creative competition included companies from the following 24 countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, England, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Ireland, Malaysia, Martinique - French West Indies, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the United States.
The SIA organization was founded in 1994. Annually it conducts the Summit Creative Award, the Summit Marketing Effectiveness Award and the Summit Emerging Media Award. Additional information about the Summit International Awards organization, its competitions and winning firms can be found on the SIA web site at www.summitawards.com.
About the IET
* Looking for images to accompany your engineering stories? Use the IET’s media image library to highlight the exciting, creative and dynamic world of engineering.
* Interview opportunities are available with IET spokespeople from a broad range of engineering and technology disciplines including cyber-security, energy, engineering skills, innovation, manufacturing, technology, transport and women in engineering.
* The IET is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions with over 168,000 members in 150 countries. It is also the most interdisciplinary – to reflect the increasingly diverse nature of engineering in the 21st century. Energy, transport, manufacturing, information and communications, and the built environment: the IET covers them all.
* The IET publishes more than 30 research and letters journals and over 500 books across engineering disciplines.
* The IET’s flagship A&I database, Inspec, is globally renowned as a source of essential research in the fields of engineering, physics and computer science.
* The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and influencing our members, engineers and technicians, and all those who are touched by, or touch, the work of engineers.
* We want to build the profile of engineering and change outdated perceptions about engineering in order to tackle the skills gap. This includes encouraging more women to become engineers and growing the number of engineering apprentices.
* For more information, visit www.theiet.org
Media enquiries to:
External Communications Manager
T: +44 (0)7738602426
E: [log in to unmask]
*Apologies for cross-posting*
Strategic Market Manager, Academia
T: +44 (0)1438 767 238
E: [log in to unmask]
Visit our website www.theiet.org
Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn
Michael Faraday House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage, SG1 2AY, United Kingdom
The Institution of Engineering and Technology (“IET”) is registered as a Charity in England and Wales (No. 211014) and Scotland (No. SC038698). The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The views expressed in this message are personal and not necessarily those of the IET unless explicitly stated. The IET cannot guarantee that this email and any attachments are virus free.
lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org
UKSG groups also available on Facebook and LinkedIn
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/UKSG