LIS-E-RESOURCES  2000

LIS-E-RESOURCES 2000

RE: E-journals and VAT

Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:41:30 +0100

On the publisher side, we are also interested in this question.  We are
concerned to know whether the obligatory VAT on ejournals/eproducts is being
required by university finance depts to come out of the already constrained
serials budgets, whether it is regarded as a separate item or can be
reclaimed as raised by Melvin.  Let's hope it can be successfully reclaimed.

Vivienne

Vivienne Dunlop
Site Licensing/Contracts & Rights Manager
Sage Publications Ltd
6 Bonhill Street
LONDON EC2A 4PU
Tel 020 7374 0645
email: [log in to unmask]

-----Original Message-----
From: Melvin Morbey
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 14/06/00 14:16
Subject: E-journals and VAT

I'm investigating the possibility of claiming back VAT charged on
subscriptions to the electronic version only of journals.
I would be interested to hear from anyone, particularly those working in
academic libraries, who are either already claiming back VAT or who are
investigating the possibilities of claiming it back.

Cheers

Melvin

--
Melvin Morbey
E-Journals Co-ordinator/Liaison Librarian for AMS and PRIS

Tel : (internal) 8779
Tel : (external) 0118 9318779
Fax : 0118 9316636
E-mail : [log in to unmask]