Help for LIS-E-RESOURCES Archives

LIS-E-RESOURCES Archives

LIS-E-RESOURCES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-E-RESOURCES Home

LIS-E-RESOURCES  June 2011

LIS-E-RESOURCES June 2011

QScience.com from Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals preserves journals with the CLOCKSS Archive.

"Randy S. Kiefer" <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 1 Jun 2011 11:50:27 -0400

QScience.com from Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals preserves
journals with the CLOCKSS Archive.
(apologies for cross posting)

The CLOCKSS Archive is pleased to announce that Bloomsbury Qatar
Foundation Journals (BQFJ) is preserving their journals in CLOCKSS’s
geographically and geopolitically distributed network of redundant
archive nodes, located at 12 major research libraries around the
world.

By archiving with CLOCKSS, Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals
ensures that its open access articles remain open access forever. If
necessary, CLOCKSS will make this content available, under a Creative
Commons license, at no cost to all scholars around the world.

Arend Küster, Managing Director of Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation
Journals, said “Archiving and securing the permanent availability of
eJournals is of paramount importance. We at Bloomsbury Qatar
Foundation Journals are pleased to participate in and support this
initiative, while working in conjunction with the international
publishing community.  It is key to our mission in establishing
QScience.com as a leading journals platform from the region, and we
want to establish preservation and archiving into our workflow early
on.”

CLOCKSS Executive Director Randy S. Kiefer adds, "CLOCKSS welcomes
Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals and the QScience.com platform.
Working with such publishers in an online format is exciting. We are
pleased to be a partner with the Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals
in their new venture.”

About  Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals
Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals is the publisher of online
journals at their recently launched site QScience.com, an innovative
and collaborative peer-reviewed online publishing platform from
Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals (BQFJ). It offers a fast and
transparent scholarly publishing process that is centered on the
author, bringing their research to a global audience. QScience.com is
the online home of a growing range of peer-reviewed open-access
journals and also provides a central resource for databases and
repositories. Our aim is to reflect the burgeoning research
environment of Qatar to the wider world and to foster scientific and
scholarly communication in the 21st century.
http://www.qscience.com

About the CLOCKSS Archive
The CLOCKSS (Controlled Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) Archive is a
not-for-profit joint venture between the world’s leading scholarly
publishers and research libraries whose mission is to build a
sustainable, geographically distributed dark archive with which to
ensure the long-term survival of Web-based scholarly publications for
the benefit of the greater global research community.
http://www.CLOCKSS.org