Help for LIS-E-RESOURCES Archives

LIS-E-RESOURCES Archives

LIS-E-RESOURCES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-E-RESOURCES Home

LIS-E-RESOURCES  June 2008

LIS-E-RESOURCES June 2008

WriteColor(sm): MultiColoring for HighLighting/Rating Text

Gerry Mckiernan <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by the UK Serials Group <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 8 Jun 2008 15:22:32 -0500

Friends/

The Time Has Come To Open Our Eyes And Realize That The World Is A
Carousel of Color

>>NOTE: This E-Mail Is Available In Living Color At The Site Noted Below<<

Here-WithIn-I-Offer-A-Proposal-That-I-Believe-ALL-Will-Recognize-As-The-
Next-Logical-Step-In-How-We-Write-Read-Assess-Interpret-Text: The World-Is-
No-Longer-Black-Or-White.

I Propose That All Give Serious Consideration To Writing-In-Color(s) ,
With Each Color Representing A Respective Level of Significance Within A
Text.

The Visible Spectrum Would Be The Basis For The Relative Levels Of
Significance Of Given Text WHERE

Text of Least Importance Would Be Highlighted In RED;
Text of Intermediate Importance Highlighted In GREEN;
Text of Greatest Importance Highlighted in VIOLET, and
Text of In-Between Importance Highlighted in Appropriate Colors: ORANGE,
BLUE, INDIGO

Initially, TEXT would be COLORED at the PARAGRAPH LEVEL By The Author(s).

Adjoining OR Disjunct Sections of Text Could Have The SAME COLOR.

Upon Publication, The Reader Would Have The Ability To ReCOLOR The TEXT
ToReflect His/Her View On The Relative Significant Of Text In His/Her
Opinion And/Or Relative To A Particular Purpose.

I also envision a feature by which The Reader would be able to colorlight
individual terms and/or phrases.

Readers would also have the ability to assess the value of The Overall
TEXT by LABELING THE TEXT with One Color (Color Digg).

The Higher The Color, The More Significant The Text.

Any AND All Reactions To This Proposal Are Strongly Encouraged By Posting
A Comment On The Blog  Entry For This Posting At

[ http://scholarship20.blogspot.com/2008/06/writecolorsm-multicoloring-for.html ]

OR

[ http://tinyurl.com/53vk36 ]

BTW: Don't Even Think of Patenting These Ideas - My Lawyers Are Bigger
Than Yours [:-)

WriteColor(sm): Where Color is Primary(sm)

Purple Rules(sm)

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

There is Nothing More Powerful Than An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Victor Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]