Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Problem adding categories

Paul Newman <[log in to unmask]>

Kit-Catalogue community mailing list <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 4 Mar 2016 14:35:16 +0000

text/plain

Hi,

Are you running the latest version of Kit-Catalogue, and if so have you run the upgrade process to update your database?

There was a bug in earlier versions, fixed in v2.0.7, that left out the external_schema_uri from the database when installing.  The update will restore the field and should get the category administration working properly.

--

Paul Newman

Senior PHP Developer

Centre for Engineering and Design Education

Loughborough University

From: Jucov, Evgheni V

Subject: Problem adding categories

Hello everyone,

I encountered a problem while trying to add a category (for example, with the name "X-ray Analysis"). When I click "Finish" on the corresponding page, the following message appears:

MySQL DB Error (kitcatdb@localhost)

Querying database :: Unknown column 'external_schema_uri' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO category (name,external_schema_uri,item_count_internal,item_count_public) VALUES ('X-ray Analysis','','0','0')

I don't need External Schema URI, so I leave that field empty.

Please let me know how to solve this problem.