File-Based/digital system

Caleb Ouma <[log in to unmask]>

JISC Digital Media <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:43:20 +0300

Dear Sirs,

Thanks for this list. I get a lot of insight on different issues raised in this list all the way here in Kenya. I work for a broadcast station listed below and we are currently working on digitization our collection as we are moving to a fully file-based system for broadcast. All of our collection is either on Beta cam pal and dv cams. I would like to know if there are any organisations/members who have carried out such an enormous project and what are the challenges they went through,their considerations etc. I am talking especially in regard to meta data, file conversion formats issues,output quality after digitization and any other information that would be helpful for the project.

Regards

Caleb Ouma,

Audio-Visual Librarian
Nation Media Group,Broadcasting division
Nation Centre,Kimathi Street
Nairobi
Kenya.

Tel;     020 3288829
Mobile; 254 723 169 063
Fax ;247505
email; [log in to unmask]
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in or accompanying this e-mail is intended for the use of the stated recipient only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.

Any views or opinions presented herein are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Nation Media Group.

‘To get all breaking news alerts send the word BREAK to 6667 or visit http://mobile.nation.co.ke to read news on your mobile phone.’