Media Team Leader vacancy at UCL

"Cooper, Rachel" <[log in to unmask]>

JISC Digital Media <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 1 May 2012 16:11:02 +0000

** Apologies for cross-posting **

We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Team Leader with strong communication skills to manage the media applications within our Learning & Teaching Applications team at UCL, these currently include Echo360, iTunes U, Wowza (both video-on-demand and live streaming), MediaFiler and video portal and video upload systems developed in-house.

The role will involve coordinating, driving and developing these services, supporting both mobile and traditional platforms, and working with colleagues from across the Information Services Division at UCL: from the front-line user support teams to the back-end Systems Administrators.

These services play a key role in enabling academics and students to effectively manage and integrate media files into their teaching and learning, particularly through our Moodle virtual learning environment.

At present the role holder will be responsible for the task allocation of just one Media Applications Service Developer/Administrator but we hope to expand the team as this area grows.

The role holder will need to draw upon their extensive and up-to-date knowledge of media file types and systems, their experience of end user requirements analysis, service planning, implementation and management, and change and quality control, to support the successful service delivery of large-scale enterprise media IT systems in an academic environment.

Salary (inclusive of London allowance)  39,818 - 46,972

To find out more and submit an application please see http://www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/jobs/ , follow the 'Current employment opportunities at UCL' link and search for the job title: 'Media Applications Team Leader'

---
Rachel Cooper
Head of Learning & Teaching Applications

Information Services Division (ISD)

UCL, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT

mailto:[log in to unmask]
phone: 020 3108 9796  (internal ext. 59796)
Web: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/isd