CFP: Digital Classicist Seminars 2011

Simon Mahony <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 1 Apr 2011 14:39:00 +0100

Digital Classicist Seminars (London, 2011)

*This is reminder call for presentations. Please note the fast
approaching deadline: April 15th.*

(Apologies for cross-posting. Please circulate widely--we welcome
proposals from students as well as established researchers.)

The Digital Classicist will once more be running a series of seminars in
Summer 2011, on the subject of research into the ancient world that has
an innovative digital component. Themes could include, but are by no
means limited to, visualization, information and data linking, digital
textual and linguistic studies, and geographic information and network
analysis; so long as the content is likely to be of interest both to
classicists/ancient historians/archaeologists and information
scientists/digital humanists, and would be considered serious research
in at least one of those fields.

The seminars run on Friday afternoons (16:30 - 19:00) from June to
mid-August in Senate House, London, and are hosted by the Institute of
Classical Studies (University of London). In previous years collected
papers from the DC WiP seminars have been published in an online special
issue of Digital Medievalist, a printed volume from Ashgate Press, a
BICS supplement (in production), and the last three years have been
released as audio podcasts. We have had expressions of interest in
further print volumes from more than one publisher.

We have a budget to assist with travel to London (usually from within
the UK, but we have occasionally been able to assist international
presenters to attend, so please enquire).

Please send a 300-500 word abstract [log in to unmask]  by April
15th, 2011. We shall announce the full programme at the end of April.

http://www.digitalclassicist.org/wip/index.html

(Coörganised by Will Wootton, Charlotte Tupman, Matteo Romanello, Simon
Mahony, Timothy Hill, Alejandro Giacometti, Juan Garcés, Stuart Dunn &
Gabriel Bodard.)

--
Simon Mahony

Student Support Manager
Department of War Studies, e-Learning Programme
Room K7.05, 7th Floor, South Range
King's College London
WC2R 2LS

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/wimw