ITALIAN-STUDIES Archives

ITALIAN-STUDIES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ITALIAN-STUDIES Home

ITALIAN-STUDIES  June 2012

ITALIAN-STUDIES June 2012

NeMLA 2013 - call for papers

Marina Della Putta Johnston <[log in to unmask]>

Scholarly discussions in any field of Italian studies <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 Jun 2012 13:29:49 -0400

We invite submissions for the NeMLA convention that will be held in
Boston, MA, March 21-24, 2013. Deadline for submissions is September 30.

Crossing the Bridge: Authentic Cultural Content in Advanced Italian
Language Courses

In commemoration of 2013 as The Year of Italian Culture in the United
States, this round table will offer examples of rich cultural and
linguistic content in Advanced Italian Courses. Now more than ever, in
our ever-globalizing world, it is essential to offer our students of
Italian not only the linguistic tools necessary to communicate in the
target language, but also the rich and authentic content needed to
meaningfully navigate within the target culture and country and to
interact with speakers of Italian. What authentic materials can be used
to enrich the learning experience for our students of Italian as they
are guided through their Advanced Italian “bridge courses” into more
content-based curricula? How can we frame these materials in
pedagogically sound ways, keeping in mind specific standards and goals
as we instruct, practice, and assess our advancing students of Italian?
Please send a 300-word abstract and biographical information to
Lillyrose Veneziano Broccia ([log in to unmask]) and Marina Della
Putta Johnston ([log in to unmask]).

--
Marina Della Putta Johnston, PhD
Lecturer in Italian

To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME
to: [log in to unmask]
To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies
to: [log in to unmask]
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html