Help for IDEACETL-BUSINESS Archives

IDEACETL-BUSINESS Archives

IDEACETL-BUSINESS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

IDEACETL-BUSINESS Home

IDEACETL-BUSINESS  October 2018

IDEACETL-BUSINESS October 2018

workshop invitation: The Ethics of Tax Avoidance.

Sean Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>

Sean Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 12 Oct 2018 01:35:13 +1100

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to invite you to register for our free workshop on Tackling the Ethics of Tax Avoidance, on Monday 5th November at CISI in the City of London.

Recent tax avoidance scandals, including Amazon, Starbucks and Jimmy Carr, have brought ethics to the forefront of financial debates. Dr Liz Ellis will start by unpacking and analysing the ethical issues surrounding tax avoidance. This will be followed by interactive exercises where attendees will be encouraged to work out their own position on tax avoidance. Attendees can further debate the points raised in group discussions. The event concludes with refreshments, and attendees have the opportunity to network and ask further questions about tax avoidance and applied ethics.

This promises to be an engaging event where discussion will be encouraged. You will gain insights into the ethical issues surrounding tax avoidance.

The workshop has been organised by the IDEA Centre at the University of Leeds. It takes place on Monday 5th November at 6pm at CISI in Fenchurch Street. The talk will be followed by a hot buffet and wine with networking. Please do call me with any queries.

You can register here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/professional-ethics-network-unavoidable-tackling-the-ethics-of-taxation-tickets-44598027902

I look forward to meeting you at the event

Kind regards
Sean Sinclair
Lecturer & Consultant in Applied Ethics
IDEA Centre, University of Leeds
0113 343 8230
www.leeds.ac.uk/arts/info/125163/consultancy_and_training

EVENT DETAILS
Unavoidable: Tackling the Ethics of Tax Avoidance
Date:
Monday 5th November 2018
Time:
18:00-20:00 – Presentation and discussion
20:00-21:00- Hot buffet and wine with networking
Venue:
Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment, 20 Fenchurch St, London
EC3M 3BY

Speaker:
Dr Liz Ellis – Lecturer and Consultant in Applied Ethics at the
University of Leeds

This is the first of two CPD events that we are running in London. The second ‘Moving Ethics CPD Online’ is taking place on Tuesday the 6th of November. More information available at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/moving-ethics-cpd-online-experiences-challenges-and-solutions-tickets-49169477230

This email was sent to [log in to unmask]
If you are no longer interested you can unsubscribe instantly:
https://abbotresearch.cmail19.com/t/i-u-nwjkhd-yddtthajj-r/