Help for HIST-NAT-HIST Archives

HIST-NAT-HIST Archives

HIST-NAT-HIST@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

HIST-NAT-HIST Home

HIST-NAT-HIST  March 2018

HIST-NAT-HIST March 2018

Re: HIST-NAT-HIST Digest - 28 Feb 2018 (#2018-10)

Jim Endersby <[log in to unmask]>

History of Natural History <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 1 Mar 2018 08:59:29 +0000

I don't know of Joseph Burke, but when I was tracking down Hooker collectors for my book, I found the best place to start was often the Kew Collector's Correspondence. The current archivists are Kiri Ross-Jones ([log in to unmask]) and Virginia Mills ([log in to unmask]), who should be able to tell you whether Burke appears in their collections. Best of luck, Jim

Dr Jim Endersby
Reader in the History of Science
School of History, Art History and Philosophy, University of Sussex
* Mail: Arts Building A, Arts Road, University of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9RH
* Web: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/history/jimendersby
* Research: https://jimendersby.academia.edu/