Help for HERITAGE Archives

HERITAGE Archives

HERITAGE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

HERITAGE Home

HERITAGE  May 2019

HERITAGE May 2019

Re: HERITAGE Digest - 29 May 2019 to 30 May 2019 (#2019-84)

Mark Hall <[log in to unmask]>

Mark Hall <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 31 May 2019 13:18:02 +0000

Dear Heritage list Members,

I have pleasure in announcing our keynote speakers for our conference later this month; Landscapes and legacy: critical partnerships between arts, culture and heritage held at the University of Derby

Professor Eleonora Belfiore, University of Loughborough

Professor Belfiore’s long-term research interests are focused on the cultural politics of decision making

in the cultural sphere. In particular, she has written about public funding of the arts and the

arguments used to justify it in a public policy context, and the way in which cultural policy overlaps

with other areas of public policy-making, in particular social and economic development policy.

This range of interests has led her to an in-depth investigation of: the social impact of the arts and

its place in cultural policy rhetoric; the notion of the transformative power of the arts that underline

the impact discourse, and – more recently, the problem of cultural value, and how it can be

articulated and discussed in policy discourse in ways that do not rely on a reductively economic

understanding of ‘value’. She is working on a book exploring the struggles for power and symbolic

domination that are behind processes for both the formal and informal allocation of cultural value

to different forms of creative expression and consumption. She is also the creator and editor of a

curated blog The Cultural Value Initiative, which aims to bring together perspectives from

academia, creative practice, arts management, policy-maker and media cultural commentary on

questions of cultural value, arts and creative industries policy and cultural analysis.

Stephanie Allen, Executive Director Arts and Heritage

Stephanie has over 20 years’ experience working as a producer, creative Director and Project

Manager. She has worked on a huge variety of artist-led projects for Arts admin, Peak Cymru and

the Hayward Gallery as well as enabling and supporting site-responsive projects nationally and

internationally as a freelance producer. This is twinned with significant business planning,

partnership management, fundraising and strategic development roles across the arts and cultural

sector including positions at Arts Council England, The Geffrye Museum, the Sidney Nolan Trust

and Creative United as Head of Strategic Development. Whilst at creative United, she undertook

commissioned research in partnership with the Department of Culture, Media and Sport and the

London Mayor’s office as well as leading on partnership development and the strategic

development of the national Own Art and Take it Away schemes.

https://www.artsandheritage.org.uk/about-us/

Booking is now open

https://www.derby.ac.uk/events/latest-events/landscapes-and-legacy-conference/

Regards

Mark

Dr Mark Hall PhD MA AHEA FBIPP

Subject Lead Joint Honours Photography

School of Arts Employability Lead

DerwentWISE Heritage Lottery Funded Project Coordinator

T: +44 (0)1332 59 3132

M: +44 (0)7855 175754

E: [log in to unmask]

W: http://www.hallmarkimaging.co.uk/

Twitter: @Lonewalker33

Instagram: @Lonewalker33

College of Art, Humanities and Education

University of Derby

Markeaton Street

Derby DE22 3AW

 <https://www.derby.ac.uk/>