GIS Analyst based in Leeds

Andrew Fitzpatrick <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 28 Jun 2018 09:34:34 +0100

Please share the job advert below.

This is an exciting opportunity for anyone with a GIS/Location Intelligence background.  West Yorkshire Combined Authority are recruiting a GIS Analyst to work the Research and Intelligence Team. This is a permanent, full-time role based in Leeds City centre. Benefits include a fully funded West Yorkshire Travel Card. Apply via the link below.

GIS Analyst
£26,402-£30,571 per annum (Pay award pending)
Closing date 05/07/2018
Based in Leeds City Centre

https://www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk/jobs/current-vacancies/gis-analyst/

The role profile is available here:

https://www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk/media/3280/gis-analyst-rp-2018-final.pdf

The GIS Analyst role is based within the corporate Research and Intelligence Team at West Yorkshire Combined Authority.

Reporting to the Spatial Analysis Team Leader you will have responsibility for managing and maintaining the Combined Authority’s spatial assets and corporate Geographical Information Systems (GIS). You will also provide GIS and spatial analysis support to aid the delivery and monitoring of our projects.

In this role you will be expected to manage and respond to individual requests for GIS support and analysis across functional Directorates. You will also work closely with the organisations ICT function to ensure that all spatial data sets are kept up to date and ensuring all ongoing GIS systems support issues are effectively managed and resolved.

This role will appeal to you if you have a professional background in GIS with proven technical experience of the ESRI product suite, or similar GIS packages.

You will need to have a good understanding of the complete Ordnance Survey digital product range, along with an appreciation of spatial data publication frameworks (such as INSPIRE).

A good understanding of the sources of small area statistics covering housing, transport, the economy and the population would be beneficial.

This role requires effective communication skills as you will be required to establish strong working relationships with internal clients and external partners, discussing their needs and agreeing timelines for delivery.

If this role interests you and feel your knowledge and skills can support the work of the Combined Authority then we are keen to hear from you.

If you are interested in this position and also want to talk through the background to the role please contact [log in to unmask] or call 0113 251 7253.

West Yorkshire Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds building an inclusive culture, we welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation. In return we can offer a flexible and encouraging environment that will allow you to achieve your best work/life balance and career goals; with a range of benefits including a local government career average pension scheme and a fully funded travel MCard (zone 1-5). We are committed to enabling working parents to progress their careers and will consider requests for flexible working patterns and job share arrangements.

Please note: Whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, each role has career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases on an annual basis.

Please submit your application by 5th July 2018

Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.

Candidate information will be retained by West Yorkshire Combined Authority for 6 months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.

Thank you

Andrew Fitzpatrick | Research & Spatial Intelligence Manager
West Yorkshire Combined Authority | Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (the LEP)
Wellington House | 40-50 Wellington St | Leeds | LS1 2DE

To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/gis-jobs