Senior Software Developer
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: Negotiable, depending on skills & experience
1Spatial have opportunities for Senior Java Developers to join their UK development team. Are you seeking a change or searching for a new challenge?
You will be joining an aggressively growing team working on the core technology of the company’s products. The role will involve all phases of software development including analysis, design, implementation and testing of a broad spectrum of development requirements. You will be developing in Java, in all levels of the technology stack, from front-end web to complex back-end data manipulation.
Our development and test teams work together in a highly collaborative Agile environment focusing on continuous integration and delivery, and supported by our fully automated test suite. As a result you’ll be using up to date modern development processes as part of the role.
You will be an inspiring part of our senior team, who will influence system-wide design and development decisions for the 1Spatial suite of geospatial solutions.
We are looking for passionate people to redraw the map for 1Spatial and our customers. If you are willing to learn, willing to share and willing to challenge, then this is the role for you.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science or equivalent proven experience
• Excellent knowledge of programming languages, with specific focus on Java
• Keen interest in problem solving
• Proven Troubleshooting, and debugging skills
• Passionate about continuous improvement
• Genuine and proven interest in technology
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Curiosity in evaluating and advocating new technology
• Good communicator, both verbal and written
• Excellent mentor and motivator
• Experience of manipulating complex data
• Experience in UI, API, Webservice, Database, and Performance Server code
• Experience in all aspects of CI including all levels of testing
• Agile Software Development experience such as Kanban, Scrum, TDD, XP, BDD, FDD
• Experience of working with Git, Jira, Maven, Nexus, Sonar, and Jenkins
• Experience with Oracle or any other RDBMS (Oracle and Postgres preferred)
• Knowledge of Weblogic, JBoss, Apache, DOJO, JQuery, Angular JS frameworks
• Experience in GIS or geometry manipulation advantageous
What we can offer
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary along with:
• Flexible working hours
• 25 days annual leave, plus recognition for long service
• Generous Company Pension Scheme
• Group Income Protection Scheme
• Private Health Insurance and Health Cash Plan
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Child Care Vouchers Scheme
• Weekly hours of 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
• Work base in Cambridge
• Social programme including monthly social gatherings and summer/Christmas parties
• Free car parking
• Refreshments including soft drinks and fruit
If you would like further information about 1Spatial or the position, please contact our HR department.
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact [log in to unmask] and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
Whilst we look forward to receiving your covering letter and CV via [log in to unmask], we would ask that you read our privacy notice specifically for applicants so you can be confident of how we will store, manage and process the data you provide to us.
We do require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
1Spatial is a leading provider of intelligent solutions for organisations worldwide that need to trust their location-based information. We are a global business and have offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, America, Ireland and Belgium. 1Spatial has been a leader in the geospatial market for over 40 years and this success is down to talented and great people. We are in an exciting period of growth for the business.
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: