Enterprise GIS Specialist – London
We are seeking to recruit a technically strong Enterprise GIS Specialist who understands the challenges of GIS and data delivery on projects of all scales.
A key role will be managing access to data for project team members and ensuring that the client receives asset and spatial data in the correct format and structure as per their requirements. The position will be part of the Digital Insight team, with many opportunities to get involved in many other aspects of Arup’s Digital business and develop.
Working within a fast-growing team in London and collaborating with colleagues globally across Arup's network, acting as a GIS and Server Specialist on projects across multiple geographies, sectors and scales.
The core of the role will be as an Enterprise GIS Specialist delivering a full suite of GIS solutions as and when required by internal and external clients, from simple cartography through to full enterprise solutions. There will be a focus on delivery of ArcGIS server based solutions.
Requirements and Skills
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
• Highly experienced in the use of Geospatial Software both in desktop and webtools and analysis (specifically, ESRI stack including ArcGIS Server and Portal)
• Experience of managing ArcGIS for Enterprise (ArcGIS Server, Portal, Enterpirse Geodatabase, ArcGIS Online)
• Proven experience of deploying ArcGIS for Enterprise
• Demonstrable experience of Open Source GIS servers, for example GeoServer
• Data security expertise and/or awareness
• Experience with conversion and handling of a variety of 2D & 3D spatial, CAD and survey data formats including GIS, CAD, IFC, LiDAR (LAS), CSV, XML variants
• Practical experience of data manipulation using scripting languages such as python or tools such as FME
• Experience of working in a Common Data Environment use for collaborative information sharing and modelling
• Data schema modelling and database design expertise and writing SQL queries within RDBMS
• Expertise in the use of web mapping software and its configuration
• Typically around 5 years GIS Enterprise solutions experience
• Masters qualified in engineering or scientific subject related to civil infrastructure
• Ideally a Chartered Geographer (GIS) or equivalent professional level
• Ideally ESRI certified for Enterprise
Desirable skills and knowledge:
• Open source including QGIS and, PostGIS.
• Network and spatial analysis understanding and expertise
• Understanding of BS/PAS1192 suite of information management process and quality assurance procedures.
• Experience working on large multidisciplinary projects and/or with infrastructure clients
• Any form of project management training, for example, PRINCE2, APM etc.
• Technical professional acumen
• Team working
• Commercial awareness
• Time management
• Planning and programme development capability
• Spatial technology skills
• Extract Transform Load tools
Shape your time with us
We are keen to support flexible and part-time working wherever the role allows. If you wish to explore the possibilities associated with this opportunity, please let us know what you’re looking for in your cover letter when you apply.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Please use the following link to apply – https://arupjobs.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=LON0000DF&lang=en
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: