Scientist/Sr. Scientist in Protein Biochemistry
About Morphic Therapeutic
Morphic Therapeutic is a biotechnology company developing a new generation of oral integrin therapies. Drawing on integrin biology breakthroughs from the lab of noted entrepreneur and scientific founder Tim Springer, Morphic has developed an exclusive platform to build on these discoveries, complemented by a partnership with computational chemistry leader Schrödinger, Inc., that facilitates the rapid and iterative design of clinical candidates. Morphic was created in 2015 with support from Timothy Springer, PhD, Polaris Partners, Schrödinger Inc., and ShangPharma and raised $51.5M in 2016 from top tier investors. In September 2018, Morphic Therapeutic completed an $80 million Series B financing round to advance multiple programs into the clinic. Integrins are involved in multiple disease areas, including inflammation, fibrosis, vascular diseases and cancer, and inhibitors are clinically validated. The combination of Morphic’s deep Integrin expertise with your skills will enable a rapid path to novel and effective drugs for both orphan and blockbuster indications. Morphic’s laboratories are located in the AstraZeneca BioHub in Waltham, MA. We seek a highly talented and motivated scientist to join our culture of teamwork, craftsmanship, tenacity, compassion, and integrity!
Morphic Therapeutic is seeking an accomplished, innovative, and motivated Protein Biochemist. The position will be part of a multi-disciplinary team at Morphic, working together towards transformative small molecule therapeutics for autoimmune and fibrotic diseases, as well as immuno-oncology. A strong track record of working with highly challenging protein targets or biologics is required.
• Construct design/expression/purification of novel integrin complexes and other challenging proteins using mammalian cells
• Developing constructs and cell lines for biophysical and biochemical assays
• Working with crystallographers to design experiments for structural studies
• Production of recombinant antibodies, fusion proteins, and other biologics for in vivo studies
• Present results (written and oral) to internal and external audiences
• Mentoring and developing junior staff
• Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, or equivalent with a minimum of two years of post-graduate experience, preferably in Industry.
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in working with mammalian cell surface receptors, difficult-to-express drug targets, and protein complexes.
• Extensive experience in mammalian construct design, recombinant protein expression, purification and characterization.
• Hands-on experience in transient expression with mammalian cells and stable cell line development
• Well versed in recombinant DNA techniques
• Experience in protein crystallography and structural biology is highly desirable.
• Experience in insect cell, yeast, and bacterial expression systems is a plus.
• Demonstrated abilities of critical and creative thinking, as well as problem-solving
• Proven interest in mentoring and guiding junior employees
• Experience in managing and collaborating with CROs is a plus
• Strong organization, interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Morphic Therapeutic is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that maximizes our employees’ development and achievement goals. We strive to treat each employee as an individual, as we seek to foster a spirit of teamwork to help change patients’ lives. In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401K and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: