Help for FE-EXAMS-NETWORK Archives

FE-EXAMS-NETWORK Archives

FE-EXAMS-NETWORK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

FE-EXAMS-NETWORK Home

FE-EXAMS-NETWORK  June 2012

FE-EXAMS-NETWORK June 2012

Re: The recording of the posting of certificates

Meg Gwilliam <[log in to unmask]>

The FE Exams Network mailing list <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:49:52 +0000

Hi Mandy

It's a real problem isn't it. We used to keep a book of posting but it was impossible to find earlier entries and see if a specific student had been sent anything - now we only post if a student pays for postage and even so, it is at their own risk. I keep a 'receipt of materials' sheet filed under student name. They sign for all certs, and these are listed by exam series/date because we found that just 'OCR AS Chemistry' was not specific enough. If certs are posted I am afraid I write out on this receipt what is posted, the date, and the fact that it was posted at student's own risk. It is very time consuming, but I can see no way round it as I need to keep a clear record/audit trail.
They also sign for post result copy/original scripts using a similar form because I learnt the hard way to keep a record of everything I handed out to anyone!
Hope this helps

Meg Gwilliam
Exams Officer
Ludlow College (Centre 29085)