Help for FASHIONINGTHEEARLYMODERN Archives

FASHIONINGTHEEARLYMODERN Archives

FASHIONINGTHEEARLYMODERN Archives

FASHIONINGTHEEARLYMODERN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

FASHIONINGTHEEARLYMODERN Home

FASHIONINGTHEEARLYMODERN Home

FASHIONINGTHEEARLYMODERN  May 2012

FASHIONINGTHEEARLYMODERN May 2012

Latest update on the Rococomania exhibition, 2 May - 23 September, DesignMuseum Danmark, Copenhagen

Jasmina Bolfek-Radovani <[log in to unmask]>

Jasmina Bolfek-Radovani <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 17 May 2012 10:15:05 +0100

Dear members,

*Exhibition RococoMania 2012, 3 May – 23 September, Designmuseum Danmark*

Curator: Kirsten Toftegaard, DesignMuseum Danmark

The exhibition draws parallels between the 18. century and the present. The past is illustrated through selected objects from the museum’s 18. century collections, here among textiles and fashion. The present is represented by the British-Nigerian artist Yinka Shonibare MBE and three Danish fashion artists, Nikoline Liv Andersen, Laura Baruël and Anne Damgaard.

We are now delighted to bring you the latest information on RococoMania, curated by our Associated Partner, Kirsten Toftegaard.

See the images from the recent exhibition opening, take a look at the future activities planned during the Exhibition, listen to interviews with three contemporary fashion designers and read about the upcoming fashion show with the designers. The information is currently available in Danish only.

We plan to bring you more coverage on the work of the three Danish designers after our workshop planned to take place 13-14 June, Copenhagen; the fashion designers Nikoline Liv Andersen, Laura Baruël and Anne Damgaard have been invited to make a demonstration on their work to the project participants. For more information on the workshop and the programme, visit:  http://www.fashioningtheearlymodern.ac.uk/workshops/workshop-5/

Press release on Rococomania in English: http://designmuseum.dk/en/presse/presserum/ny

Images from the Rococomania exhibition opening: http://designmuseum.dk/en/presse/presserum/aabning-af-rokoko-mania

For general information and interviews with three contemporary fashion designers see: http://designmuseum.dk/udstillinger/aktuelle-saerudstillinger/rokoko-mania

For Rococomania event programme see: http://designmuseum.dk/aktiviteter/foredrag-og-talks/rokoko-mania-eventprogram

Upcoming event - Fashion show with three Danish fashion designers, Wednesday, 23 May, 19-20 hrs, Designmuseum Danmarks Festsal:
http://designmuseum.dk/aktiviteter/foredrag-og-talks/kom-til-modesalon-rokoko