The 31st Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AI2018, http://ecs.victoria.ac.nz/Events/AI2018/WebHome) will take place December 11-14, 2018 in Wellington, New Zealand.
Tutorials at AI2018 will be presented by domain experts to cover current topics relevant to artificial intelligence research. The tutorials should provide clear and focused contents covering new and emerging topics on artificial intelligence. Tutorials should not focus on advocating a single avenue of research, nor should they promote a product. We encourage the inclusion of interactive activities and demos in tutorials. We also welcome tutorials with explicit ties to AI2018.
Tutorials will be free to all AI2018 attendees.
Each tutorial proposal should include:
• A half-page extended abstract (in plain text) that includes: the title of the tutorial, the name and affiliation of the instructor(s), and a description of the tutorial scope and content.
• A detailed, point-form outline of the tutorial.
• Proposed length of the tutorial: 90 minutes (incl. questions).
• A brief characterization of the potential target audience for the tutorial, including prerequisite knowledge.
• A brief description of why the tutorial topic would be of interest to the AI2018 audience.
• Short bio of the instructor(s) (about half page in plain text).
• Previous tutorial experience of the tutorial speaker(s) if they have.
Tutorial proposals will be reviewed by the AI2018 tutorial chairs, based on the AI2018 attendees' likely interest in them, the breadth and depth of the topic(s), and the expertise and credentials of the instructor(s). The review results will be announced on May 1, 2018.
Information and Submissions
Tutorial proposals should be submitted in PDF format electronically via emails to the tutorial co-chairs given below. The deadline for submissions has been extended by one week and is now April 22, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact the tutorial co-chairs of AI2018:
Markus Wagner, Australia, [log in to unmask]
Aaron Chen, New Zealand, [log in to unmask]