Help for EVIDENCE-USE Archives

EVIDENCE-USE Archives

EVIDENCE-USE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

EVIDENCE-USE Home

EVIDENCE-USE  August 2011

EVIDENCE-USE August 2011

Lectureships in Knowledge and Practice and in Cultural and Creative Industries

Alison Powell <[log in to unmask]>

The utilisation of research evidence in policy and practice <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 2 Aug 2011 17:30:27 +0100

Lecturer in Knowledge & Practice - SK1035

Lecturer in Cultural & Creative Industries - SK1032

School of Management, University of St Andrews

£36,862 - £45,336 per annum

Closing date: 9 September.

Start: as soon as possible.

Standard appointment

The School of Management at the University of St Andrews is undergoing an exciting period of expansion. Building on recent reform and restructuring, the School is aiming to recruit creative and innovative academics interested in addressing complex contemporary problems in management through teaching, research and the praxis of engagement. With a central theme of “responsible enterprise”, the School is now organised through five thematic groups (please see our website for further details – http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/management/). Working collaboratively, these thematic groups develop research, follow this research through in team teaching, and explore wider communication of ideas to policy makers, practitioners and other interested parties. Current faculty have wide-ranging interests and active research engagement with the private sector, the public sector, the third sector, in creative spheres and in policy arenas. Building synergies with existing School interests is the primary goal of this expansion; enhancing our open and developmental culture is also a prerequisite.

Further details of these two posts (ref SK1035 and SK1032) and other vacancies in the School of Management can be found at https://www.vacancies.st-andrews.ac.uk/welcome.aspx

Informal enquiries to discuss potential fit are warmly welcomed through any member of academic faculty, as are enquiries through the School leadership (Professor Jan Bebbington ([log in to unmask]) and Professor Huw Davies ([log in to unmask]); Tel: 01334 462450).

Please note that while the School is particularly seeking to make specific appointments (as detailed on the vacancies webpage), the University reserves the right to consider any exciting academic candidate who fits with our overall strategy and can demonstrate good synergistic fit with our thematic groups. Interested candidates who meet these criteria are welcome to open a dialogue with the School even if they fall outwith the specific advertised posts.