Colleagues join us for the TTRAEurope2019, Tourism in the era of connectivity, Bournemouth University Department of Tourism and Hospitality www.bournemouth.ac.uk/ttra<http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/ttra> 8-10 April 2019
TTRAEurope2019: Travel and Tourism Research Association 2019 European Chapter Conference Bournemouth University UK, April 8-10, 2019
The Travel and Tourism Research Association’s 2019 European Chapter Conference will be hosted by Bournemouth University Department of Tourism and Hospitality in Bournemouth from Monday 8th to Wednesday 10th April 2019. This is a three-day conference that will include a doctoral colloquium day and industry best practice thread. The theme of the conference is Tourism in the Era of Connectivity, which covers a broad range of themes to ensure that we are inclusive of the widest range of tourism research.
People-to-people connectivity is an essential aspect of tourism; bringing people from all aspects of life together to meet, share moments and explore cultures, resources and experiences. Connectivity brings us together through shared routes, accessibility, communication, and experiences in different environments and destinations. Increasingly, global society is becoming more connected, facilitating opportunities for exchange and interaction, bringing both opportunities and challenges. Tourism is changing dramatically in the era of connectivity.
Advanced technology enables users to amalgamate information and big data from various sources on their mobile devices, personalise their profile through applications and social networks, and interact dynamically with their surroundings and context. Tourism professionals increasingly use technologies and networking to bring different stakeholders together to co-create value for all. The conference will connect the different concepts of connectivity, personalisation, tourism development and marketing towards co-creation of the tourism experience. It will explore how these experiences can support the co-creation of value for all stakeholders and address a range of components of connectivity.
Examples of the conference themes include but not limited to:
Coastal Tourism; Tourism Marketing; Economics and Planning; Culture and Heritage; Hospitality Innovations; Digital Tourism; Sustainability and Wildlife; Gender, Accessibility and Inclusion; Tourism Management; Overtourism; Tourism and Philosophy; Special Interest and Niche Tourism; Spiritual, Religious and Pilgrimage Tourism; Events and Leisure; Experience and Co-creation; Small Business and Entrepreneurship.
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The following paper categories are welcome:
* Research papers and case studies (5,000 word paper or 1,000 word extended abstract)
* Doctoral research papers (5,000 word paper or 1,000 word extended abstract)
* Applied (industry and sector) papers (1,000 word extended abstract)
* Student papers, including Masters theses (1000 word extended abstract)
Instructions to Authors
Please adhere to the following for your submission:
* Word limit of 1,000 words for extended abstracts; word limit of 5,000 words for full papers.
* Word limit includes references, tables, figures, etc.
* Please use Arial font size 12 throughout.
* Must be presented in MS Word Format, on size A4 (210 by 297 mm) paper, with margins of: left 3 cm, right, top and bottom 2.5 cm.
* Any illustrations should be of high resolution, preferably in JPEG or TIFF format.
* The page composition should be as follows:
* TITLE: In uppercase, bold, and centered.
* AUTHOR/ AUTHORS: in lowercase and the surname(s) in uppercase.
* AFFILIATION AND CONTACT DETAILS: in uppercase.
* CATEGORY: please indicate the paper category of the submissions (Research paper and case study; Doctoral research paper; Applied (industry/sector) paper; Student paper (for all students other than doctoral researchers)).
* TEXT: Arial 12, full justification and single spacing. Paragraphs will begin without tabulation and with single spacing with regard to the title or the prior paragraph.
* FIGURES AND TABLES: will be incorporated into the text in the corresponding place. They will be numbered separately (figures and tables) by order of appearance (Arabic numerals). The title, in bold and centered, will be located at the top and will be separated from the figure or table by space.
* FOOTNOTES: Please keep to a minimum. Where used they should be consecutive, with full justification and Arial 8 font.
* REFERENCE STYLE: please use the referencing style of the American Psychological Association (APA) Sixth Edition.
Deadline for submission: 5th January 2019
Notification for acceptance: 5th February 2019
Final submission: 1st March 2019
Early Bird Deadline: 1st March 2019
Conference: 8th-10th April 2019 **TTRA CONFERENCE IN BOURNEMOUTH**
Conference themes and call for papers
Submit papers for the conference<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ttraeurope2019>
People to people connectivity is an essential aspect of tourism; bringing people from all aspects of life together to meet, share moments and explore cultures, resources and experiences. Connectivity brings us together through shared routes, accessibility, communication, and experiences in different environments and destinations. Increasingly, global society is becoming more connected, facilitating opportunities for exchange and interaction, bringing both opportunities and challenges.
Tourism is changing dramatically in the era of connectivity. Advanced technology enables users to amalgamate information and big data from various sources on their mobile devices, personalise their profile through applications and social networks, as well as interact dynamically with their surroundings and context. Tourism professionals increasingly use technologies and networking to bring different stakeholders together to co-create value for all. The conference will connect the different concepts of connectivity, personalisation, tourism development and marketing towards co-creation of the tourism experience. It will explore how these experiences can support the co-creation of value for all stakeholders and address a range of components of connectivity. Examples of the conference themes include but not limited to:
Anya Chapman and Samantha Richardson
Nigel William and Bruce Braham
Economics and Planning
Adam Blake and Adele Ladkin
Culture and Heritage
Duncan Light and Sean Bear
Lia Marinakou and Charalampos (Babis) Giousmpasoglou
Philip Alford and Daisy Fan
Sustainability and Wildlife
Susanna Curtin and Viachaslau Filimonau
Gender Accessibility and Inclusion
Lorraine Brown, Paola Vizcaino, Jayne Caudwell
Svetla Stoyanova-Bozhkova and Dimitrios Buhalis
Tourism and Philosophy
Philipp Wassler and Tim Gale
Special Interest and Niche Tourism
Michael O’ Regan and Philipp Wassler
Spiritual, Religious and Pilgrimage Tourism
Jaeyeon Choe and Hanaa Osman
Events and Leisure
Mary Beth Gouthro and Miguel Moital
Experience and co-creation
Elvira Bolat and Dimitrios Buhalis
Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Mike Peters and Philip Alford
Contributions by academics, practitioners and phd students are welcome in the following categories:
Research papers and Case studies
Papers 5000 words or 1000 word extended abstract
Doctoral Research papers
Papers 5000 words or 1000 word extended abstract
Applied (industry and sector) papers
1000 words extended abstract
Student papers (including master theses)
1000 words extended abstract
Confirmed Invited speakers so far
Travel and Tourism Research Association 2019
Associate Professor Luisa Andreu Department of Marketing, Faculty of Economics, University of Valencia, Spain
Professor Carlos Costa University of Aveiro, Portugal and Editor of the Journal of Tourism & Development
Professor Alan Fyall, University of Central Florida, USA and coEditor of Elsevier’s Journal of Destination Marketing & Management
Professor Scott McCabe Nottingham University and co-Editor of Annals of Tourism Research
Assistant Professor Luiz Mendes-Filho, Tourism Department, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Professor Tanja Mihalic University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Associate Professor Ana María Munar Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
Professor Nigel Morgan, Swansea University, UK
Professor Mike Peter (University of Innsbruck, Austria) The Relevance of Family businesses in Tourism and Hospitality
Professor Cleopatra Veloutsou University of Glasgow UK and co-Editor in Chief of the Journal of Product and Brand Management.
* Conference themes and call for papers<https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/about/our-faculties/faculty-management/our-departments/department-tourism-hospitality/travel-tourism-research-association-2019/conference-themes-call-papers>
* Invited speakers<https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/about/our-faculties/faculty-management/our-departments/department-tourism-hospitality/travel-tourism-research-association-2019/invited-speakers>
* Scientific committee<https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/about/our-faculties/faculty-management/our-departments/department-tourism-hospitality/travel-tourism-research-association-2019/scientific-committee>
* Organising staff<https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/about/our-faculties/faculty-management/our-departments/department-tourism-hospitality/travel-tourism-research-association-2019/organising-staff>
* Places to stay<https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/about/our-faculties/faculty-management/our-departments/department-tourism-hospitality/travel-tourism-research-association-2019/places-stay>
[cid:[log in to unmask]]
Professor Dimitrios Buhalis
Head of Department of Tourism and Hospitality<https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/discover/faculties/faculty-management/our-departments/department-tourism-hospitality>
Faculty of Management<https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/discover/faculties/faculty-management>, Bournemouth University<http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/>
D202, Talbot Campus, Poole, Dorset, BH12 5BB, UK
Director eTourism Research Lab<http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/etourismlab>
International Centre for Tourism and Hospitality Research<http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/icthr>
Tel: +44 1202 961517 Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Editor in Chief Tourism Review http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/tr
Call for Research Papers, State of the Art and Cutting Edge Papers
1st Vice President International Academy for the Study of Tourism www.tourismscholars.org/<http://www.tourismscholars.org/>
[cid:[log in to unmask]]
Department of Tourism and Hospitality<www.bournemouth.ac.uk:tourism>
International Centre forTourism and Hospitality Research http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/icthr <http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/icthr>
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BUSchoolOfTourism/ <https://www.facebook.com/BUSchoolOfTourism/>
Ranked #8 in the prestigious QS World University Hospitality and Leisure Subject Rankings 2018!
Scholarships at Bournemouth University https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/scholarships
Industry Business Engagement and Partnership leaflet https://tinyurl.com/BUTHBusiness
NEW EVENTS: https://microsites.bournemouth.ac.uk/tourism/events/
8-10 April 2019, TTRAEurope2019, Tourism in the era of connectivity, Bournemouth University Department of Tourism and Hospitality www.bournemouth.ac.uk/ttra<http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/ttra>
26-10 May 2019 International Academy For The Study Of Tourism Biennial Conference STP Nusa Dua Bali Indonesia
BU is a Disability Confident Employer and has signed up to the Mindful Employer charter. Information about the accessibility of University buildings can be found on the BU DisabledGo webpages. This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its subsidiary companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the University or its subsidiary companies via email.
To send a message to everyone on the list, send an email to: [log in to unmask]
To leave event-management, send an email to: [log in to unmask] with the message:
as the only text in your message.
You can access this list, including archives and changing your settings, from the World Wide Web by going directly to: