Re: PLANNING

Judy Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 30 May 2012 15:56:48 +0100

As far as we're aware, the current ESOL quals for Speaking & Listening and
Writing at Levels 1 and 2 will still be available in 12/13. The awarding
bodies and Ofqual are working on developing new ESOL quals. for 2013
onwards.

You're correct in stating that the National Literacy Test (which has been
used for ESOL Reading at Levels 1 and 2) is not going to be available in
12/13. This is a worrying situation - I believe that the awarding bodies are
working on it and trying to find a way forward. Perhaps one of them will be
able to reply with more information.

Regards

Judy Kirsh
Co-chair NATECLA

-----Original Message-----
From: ESOL-Research discussion forum and message board
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Johnson, Jackie
Sent: 30 May 2012 15:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: PLANNING

I am currently trying to belatedly plan for 12/13 while  a number of big
changes are taking place both in our college and in ESOL.

Could anyone tell me the latest news re L1 AND 2 ESOL exams? I have heard
different information from different boards. I know the adult lit exam for
reading has gone but I have also heard that at those levels other skills
exams are being replaced and wondered what other colleges were planning.

We are also having our number of learning hours cut for  Skills for Life
exams at Entry level  to 108 and wondered how that compares with other
delivery models?

Any contributions gratefully received.

 Jackie Johnson   Liverpool

-----------
-----------
What's your view?

Liverpool Community College, in partnership with employers across Liverpool,
is sponsoring a new studio school delivering education around hospitality,
leisure and tourism, informed by the needs and views of employers across the
Visitor Economy.

The Visitor Economy across the City Region is expected to continue to grow,
bringing enterprise and employment opportunities to the sub-region; the
Liverpool Culture and Tourism Studio will place young people at the heart of
that growth and give them the skills they need to take advantage of those
jobs, including both vocational education and traditional GCSEs and
A-levels.

We value your feedback and invite you to participate in the following brief
survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCCStudio
-----------
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Liverpool Community College or associated companies.  You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part
of this message if you are not the intended recipient.

The message content of in-coming emails is automatically scanned to identify
Spam and viruses otherwise Liverpool Community College does not actively
monitor content.  However, sometimes it will be necessary for Liverpool
Community College to access business communications during staff absence.

Liverpool Community College has taken steps to ensure that this email and
any attachments are virus free.  However, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted
by Liverpool Community College for any loss or damage arising in any way
from its use.
-----------

***********************************
ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest
in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by
James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of
Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm
To contact the list owner, send an email to

-----
No virus found in this message.