JiscMail Logo

Help for EMPLOYABILITY-DEVELOPMENT Archives

EMPLOYABILITY-DEVELOPMENT Archives

EMPLOYABILITY-DEVELOPMENT Archives

EMPLOYABILITY-DEVELOPMENT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

EMPLOYABILITY-DEVELOPMENT Home

EMPLOYABILITY-DEVELOPMENT Home

EMPLOYABILITY-DEVELOPMENT  October 2010

EMPLOYABILITY-DEVELOPMENT October 2010

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: Update + Interesting research + Subject centre resources

"Waldock, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>

Waldock, Jeff

Wed, 13 Oct 2010 13:08:20 +0100

text/plain

Hi Samantha,

Nes!  That is ...
No - we have not used an audit tool, but
Yes - we have embedded many aspects of employability within our curriculum.  See, for example http://maths.shu.ac.uk/MSOR/2009/Skills_Waldock.pdf - 1 short 6-slide summary of the skills element of our course, used as part of a talk at last year's subject centre conference.

We are also currently involved in revalidating the BSc Mathematics degree, so are reviewing all of these issues at the moment.  In terms of 'reviewing and developing skills provision' I'd be happy to talk to you about our ideas.  (and you already know about the 'developing skills in Maths curricula' project).

Best wishes
Jeff

Dr Jeff Waldock
Principal Lecturer in Mathematics and Faculty Lead for Employability
Sheffield Hallam University, Department of Engineering and Mathematics,
Howard Street, Sheffield, S1 1WB
Tel: 0114 225 3279
Email: [log in to unmask]