Help for ELSIN Archives

ELSIN Archives

ELSIN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ELSIN Home

ELSIN  2000

ELSIN 2000

Re: International e-Workshop: Developing Online Tutors

Geraldine Price <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 8 Mar 2000 08:47:00 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

TEXT/PLAIN

Could you give the web address again - I tried the one
below and it was not available.
Geraldine Price
On Tue, 07 Mar 2000 16:52:50 +0000 Carol Higgison
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> This maybe of interest to your members.  I apologise if you receive more
> than one copy of this
>
> notice.
> Regards
> Carol Higgison
>

> International e-Workshop: Developing On-Line Tutors
> 	--- 8 - 12 May 2000 ---
>
> Developments in communications and information technology are creating
> radical changes for
>
> teaching and learning in Higher Education. The global nature of on-line
> tutoring creates new
>
> possibilities, new demands and the need for new methods of working. The
> challenges we face are in
> understanding the extent to which the traditional methods of
> face-to-face tutoring map to the new
>
> demands that are placed upon the on-line tutor, and the extent to which
> we have the vision to
>
> create effective new methods.
>
> You are invited to join an international e-Workshop of academics,
> educators, staff developers and
>
> free thinkers, experienced in on-line learning, to focus on the issues
> involved and make a
>
> strategic contribution to the way in which the new methods are shaped.
> The output of the
>
> e-Workshop will be a widely-disseminated compendium of illustrative case
> studies and practical
>
> guidelines and strategies for tutors and staff developers working in the
> global on-line
>
> environment.
>
> To be considered for participation, you should submit a short but
> descriptive practical case
>
> study of your own experience with on-line learning by 2 April (see
> guidelines and template
>
> below). You should also be available to contribute to the e-Workshop
> between 8-12 May.
>
> For full details of the e-Workshop see below or at
> http://otis.scotcit.ac.uk/e-Workshop.
>
> --International Selection Committee--
> Dr Steven Bernstein, E-learning Solutions CISCO Systems, USA.
> Dr Cathy Gunn, Education Technologies Adviser, University of Auckland,
> New Zealand.
> Dr Robin Mason, Institute of Educational Technology, The Open
> University, UK.
> Professor David McConnell, Professor of Networked Lifelong Learning,
> Department of Educational Studies and Centre for the Study of Networked
> Learning, University of
>
> Sheffield, UK.
> Dr Rory McGreal, Executive Director of TeleEducation, Canada.
> Dr Rena M Palloff & Dr Keith Pratt, Crossroads Consulting Group, USA.
>
> -- e-Workshop Aims --
>  to develop an on-line book of examples of international good practice
> in on-line tutoring and
>
> the training of on-line tutors,
>  to exchange experiences of on-line tutoring and identify common themes
> and cultural
>
> differences,
>  to establish a network to support future exchange, development and
> [...]

Regards,
Geraldine

Geraldine Price
Research and Graduate School of Education,
University of Southampton
Highfield,
Southampton.
SO17 1BJ