JANET's DNSSEC Plans

Rob Evans <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:40:13 +0000

This may have been a long time coming, and apologies for that, but we
intend to start serving a signed "ac.uk" on Wednesday, January 19th.
Initially the DS record will not be registered anywhere.

Assuming there are no problems, then a few days later the DS record will
be submitted to ISC's DLV so users of that can check our processes are
working.  A week or two following that we will register the DS record
with Nominet so a signed chain from the root will exist.

Once this is complete we will be able to accept DS records from signed
child zones for manual insertion into ac.uk.  The web portal for more
automated delegation management is still under construction.

If you experience any problems, please contact the JANET Service Desk in
the usual manner.

Best regards,
Rob