Help for DIS-FORUM Archives

DIS-FORUM Archives

DIS-FORUM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DIS-FORUM Home

DIS-FORUM  May 2012

DIS-FORUM May 2012

Re: accessibility in university libraries for students with disabilites/SpLD

"Simmons, Hilary" <[log in to unmask]>

Simmons, Hilary

Wed, 23 May 2012 09:37:46 +0000

Hi everyone

I wonder whether anyone can give any guidance on the query below.  I am unsure how we would go about translating text into BSL in a PDF format.

We don't actually have a leaflet with this title, I think he means our Access at Lancaster webpage http://www.lancs.ac.uk/sbs/disabilities/disabilitystatement.htm

I am also unsure about why our enquirer would need it in BSL - he mentions difficult language, would this be easier in BSL?

Hilary

>> I am Deaf and Celebral Palsy. Me Deaf so I sign BSL.
>>
>> I been B.Sc. Computer Software Engineering at Sheffield Hallam
>> University 5 years ago.
>>
>> I interested in M.Sc. course in Lancaster University.
>>
>> I look your leaflet in PDF - Information for students with dyslexia,
>> long-term medical conditions and disabilities. PDF atatched - you see
>> it. Lots of language there I hard understand.
>>
>> Same way "Please let us know if you would prefer this information in
>> an alternative format."
>>
>> Please you ask round for services book translate to British Sign
>> language. I like BSL on PDF better not video.

Hilary Simmons
Head of Colleges and Student Life
Lancaster University
Bailrigg
LANCASTER
LA1 4YW
Tel: 00 44 (0)1524 592020

Best University Halls 2010 & 2011 in the National Student Housing Survey