Help for DIGITALCLASSICIST Archives

DIGITALCLASSICIST Archives

DIGITALCLASSICIST@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DIGITALCLASSICIST Home

DIGITALCLASSICIST  June 2012

DIGITALCLASSICIST June 2012

Re: desktop, off-line, serious dictionaries (was: iPad for Greek)

Peter Heslin <[log in to unmask]>

The Digital Classicist List <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:37:09 +0100

Thanks to Helma for the useful summary of applications!

Since this thread began with a request for information about iPad
applications, I thought I should mention that there are people who
have got Diogenes running on jailbroken iPads/iPhones, which should be
fairly straightforward for someone with a working knowledge of Unix.
But I have not tested this myself and jailbreaking your iPad/iPhone
may void the warranty, etc., etc.

Peter