Help for DIGITALCLASSICIST Archives

DIGITALCLASSICIST Archives

DIGITALCLASSICIST@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DIGITALCLASSICIST Home

DIGITALCLASSICIST  June 2012

DIGITALCLASSICIST June 2012

CLARIN-D M12 Workshop - Final Call for Participation

Volker Boehlke <[log in to unmask]>

The Digital Classicist List <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 8 Jun 2012 10:53:26 +0200

Final Call for Participation
CLARIN-D M12 Workshop
June 27-28, 2012; Leipzig, Germany

CLARIN-D aims at building a web and centres-based research
infrastructure providing linguistic data, tools and services in an
integrated, interoperable and scalable infrastructure for the social
sciences and humanities.

We invite everyone interested in learning more about CLARIN-D to attend
the CLARIN-D M12 Workshop in Leipzig, Germany.

Important Dates
---------------

  * extended registration deadline: June 18, 2012
  * workshop: June 27-28, 2012

Topics and Intended Audience
---------------

The workshop will cover a wide range of topics. On day one the
expectations of eHumanities projects on infrastructures will be
discussed and the current state of the CLARIN-D project and
infrastructure will be presented. After that we will report on the work
of the CLARIN-D discipline-specific working groups and especially on the
curation projects those groups are currently working on.
The second day is dedicated to CLARIN-D democases. Several usage
scenarios will be presented in live demos. During a demosession all
participants will be able to get in touch with the creators of the
demos. The workshop will close with a panel discussion that will address
questions that arose during the workshop and will also allow in depth
discussion of additional topics suggested by the audience.

Our target audience is:

  * Scientists of the humanities and social sciences
  * Researchers and graduate students working in eHumanities projects
  * Computer scientists who have an interest in building infrastructures
for the humanities and social sciences

Please visit our website in order to obtain up to date information:
http://clarin.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/

The workshop program is available here:
http://clarin.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/program

In order to register please complete the registration form:
http://clarin.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/registration/new

Any questions should be directed to: [log in to unmask]

If you are interested in learning more about CLARIN-D beforehand, please
visit our website at: http://de.clarin.eu/

We are looking forward to your participation!

  The organizers of the CLARIN-D M12 workshop