DIGITALCLASSICIST@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DIGITALCLASSICIST Home

DIGITALCLASSICIST  June 2012

DIGITALCLASSICIST June 2012

Re: Prosopographies

Bridget Almas <[log in to unmask]>

The Digital Classicist List <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 27 Jun 2012 07:59:38 -0400

On Perseus we have Smith's Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and
Mythology. These are linkable by URI in the form:

http://data.perseus.org/people/smith:<name>[-num].

E.g.

http://data.perseus.org/people/smith:alexander-3

(Content negotiation via the HTTP header is currently used to determine
whether to return TEI xml or redirect to the Perseus HTML display.)

I believe we also have extracted names from a number of back-of-the-book
indices which we will be making available this way as well.

Bridget