DIGITALCLASSICIST@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DIGITALCLASSICIST Home

DIGITALCLASSICIST  June 2012

DIGITALCLASSICIST June 2012

Re: Prosopographies

Tom Elliott <[log in to unmask]>

The Digital Classicist List <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 27 Jun 2012 09:29:40 -0500

What a great list of resources to far! I add the following modest
contributions to the discussion:

With the help of Dan Pett and Roko Rumora, I recently published a set of
linked data regarding Roman empires. It uses the dbpedia URIs to
identify individuals and then asserts some other basic information about
them, including related resources at Wikipedia (the easy one),
nomisma.org, the Portable Antiquities scheme, flickr wrapper (for flickr
images), and the biographical essays at http://www.roman-emperors-org/.
The dataset in question is published online at
http://www.paregorios.org/resources/roman-emperors/.

I am working on another dataset that would provide URIs for every
substantive lemma in PIR1 and PIR2 and the individuals represented
thereby, plus a little bit of bibliographic information (including links
to the worldcat entities for the works and the scanned copies of PIR1
that are in Google Books). At present this is represented just as a RDF
file in a repos on github: https://github.com/paregorios/roman-persons
... I am trying to sort out a better domain context (either something
under isaw.nyu or something under stoa.org for minting these URIs since
I doubt www.paregorios.org will be maintained long after I change
careers, blow up my TV, and become a peach farmer).

Tom

--
Tom Elliott, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Digital Programs

http://isaw.nyu.edu/people/staff/tom-elliott/

Want to talk or meet? Please suggest a date and time via
http://www.doodle.com/paregorios