DIGITAL-LIBRARY-FORUM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DIGITAL-LIBRARY-FORUM Home

DIGITAL-LIBRARY-FORUM  January 2012

DIGITAL-LIBRARY-FORUM January 2012

EDGE 2012 - Pushing the boundaries

Liz McGettigan <[log in to unmask]>

Forum for those interested in digital library and collection issues <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 13 Jan 2012 12:17:14 +0000

Colleagues,

I am sending you the link to the EDGE 2012 conference - pushing the boundaries of public service. I hope you can join us and or submit your award ideas http://edgeconference.co.uk/awards/

Find out how we are building new co-located library hubs, using technology and improving performance. EDGE is always a great event and I am very much looking forward to catching up with new International movers and shakers and some of my colleagues and fellow professionals there

At the first EDGE conference in (2010) Edinburgh Libraries and Information Services launched our innovative library portal pulling together all of our social media, catalogue, community learning, and information resources. In the second year (2011) we launched Scotland's first library app and of course at this 3rd annual international conference (2012) as our regular attendees expect we will unveil our latest digital initiative - another first for Edinburgh!

This year we will also show how success in the digital arena contributes to improved performance in visits, issues and other service uses.

Liz McGettigan

Head of Libraries and Information Services The City of Edinburgh Council

http://yourlibrary.edinburgh.gov.uk/
http://talesofonecity.wordpress.com/