Help for DESIGN-HISTORY Archives

DESIGN-HISTORY Archives

DESIGN-HISTORY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DESIGN-HISTORY Home

DESIGN-HISTORY  March 2012

DESIGN-HISTORY March 2012

CHORD workshop 'Dress, Textiles and Heritage'

"Ugolini, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>

Design History Society <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 12 Mar 2012 18:54:32 +0000

with apologies for cross-posting. I hope the workshop announcement below will be of interest to at least some list members

The CHORD workshop on:

'Dress, Textiles and Heritage'

will be taking place at the University of Wolverhampton

on 13 June 2012

Programme, abstracts and registration form can be found at: http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in6086/histextiles.html

The programme includes:

Helen Cresswell, V&A/RCA, ‘Handmade Tales: Rachel Kay-Shuttleworth as Collector, Maker and Performer of Textiles and her Craft House Vision for Gawthorpe Hall’

Jennifer Thomson, Walsall Museum, ‘Ordinary Women’s Clothing in the Mid-twentieth Century: The Hodson Shop Collection at Walsall Museum’

Alice McEwan, University of Hertfordshire, ‘Pay Attention to my Clothes’: Curating Bernard Shaw through dress at Shaw’s Corner

Sue Prichard, V&A, ‘Quilts 1700-2010: Hidden Histories, Untold Stories’

Claire Watson, University of Leeds and Lynne C Webster, University of Leeds, ‘Down Memory Lane: Yorkshire’s Heritage Examined through Clothing’

Luz Garcia Neira, ‘Casa de Rui Barbosa: A Research Study of the Restoration of Textile Artefacts’

For further information and to register, please see the workshop web-pages, at: http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in6086/histextiles.html

Or contact Laura Ugolini, at: [log in to unmask]

CHORD web-pages: http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in6086/chord.html

Dr Laura Ugolini
Reader in History

School of Law, Social Sciences and Communications
MC Building
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
WV1 1LY