DEAF-ED-NET Archives

DEAF-ED-NET@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DEAF-ED-NET Home

DEAF-ED-NET  October 2016

DEAF-ED-NET October 2016

De-Sign Bilingual: project results

"Dr. Verena Krausneker" <[log in to unmask]>

Dr. Verena Krausneker

Tue, 4 Oct 2016 19:29:12 +0200

Dear colleague,

The core topic of De-Sign Bilingual was and is the quality of bimodal bilingual education in Europe. It is our pleasure to inform you about the project results. One major insight is that everywhere in Europe the national sign language(s) play a role in schools.

Within our ERASMUS+-funded partnership we created an interactive map on the situation of sign bilingual education in 39 European countries, including the legal foundations in these countries, see www.univie.ac.at/map-designbilingual.

And we developed tools and materials that are useful for the implementation of bimodal bilingual schooling. Most of them are in German because they were developed by teachers in one of the 3 German speaking partner countries. But there is one item, the Bi-Bi Toolbox, that we made available in English as well. All of the tools and materials are freely available at www.univie.ac.at/teach-designbilingual. You can download the Bi-Bi Toolbox, that is 45 cards with impulses for bimodal bilingual education, in English from the websites menu item “Werkzeuge”.

The main findings of De-Sign Bilingual and the Calls to Action on Policy Makers can be downloaded in German, English and Slovak from here: www.univie.ac.at/designbilingual.

All materials and texts may be used for free and shared and can also be translated into more languages, if you are interested please contact us.

Now we are working on publications that will describe our data in more detail and that will also include the 8 Good Practice Examples that we found all over Europe.

With kind regards
Verena Krausneker, Claudia Becker, Darina Tarcsiova, Mireille Audeoud
(ERASMUS+ partnership Austria – Germany – Slovakia - Switzerland)