Help for DC-RDA Archives

DC-RDA Archives

DC-RDA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DC-RDA Home

DC-RDA  March 2009

DC-RDA March 2009

initial release (M1-alpha2) of loc data as rdf using rda and frbr schemas

Alistair Miles <[log in to unmask]>

List for discussion on Resource Description and Access (RDA)

Mon, 9 Mar 2009 00:55:37 +0000

Dear all,

I've been working on a conversion of the loc marc data from scriblio
to rdf using the rda and frbr schemas, and have got as far as I can
with the effort I can spare at the moment. I set up a google code
project to manage the work at:

[1] http://code4rda.googlecode.com

and have an alpha release of some of the loc data, described further
at:

[2] http://code.google.com/p/code4rda/wiki/MilestoneOne

This is still well short of the initial scope proposed at [2] for a
first milestone, based on the most prevalent features in the loc
dataset, but will nevertheless hopefully serve as an initial proof of
principle, and a base from which others can build.

I've added diane hillman and ed summers as project owners to [1], I
leave it to them to decide best how to take this work forward.

Unfortunately I'm going to be rather busy for the next couple of
months, and may not have much time to follow up on this work. However
if anyone finds any serious issues in the loc data then do let me
know, I'll do what I can to fix them.

Best wishes,

Alistair

--