Deadline Call for Papers

Rachel Sharples <[log in to unmask]>

Conservation of objects, works of art & buildings

Tue, 15 Nov 2011 18:54:30 +0000

Deadline Call for Papers:

Icon Ceramics and Glass Group Conference

“Soft, strong and how long? Materials for ceramics and glass conservation”

Venue: Merseyside Maritime Museum, Liverpool

Date: 15-16 June 2012

Continuing the celebration of diversity within our profession this event will focus on the materials which we use and will be divided into three sessions: low-fired ceramics, high-fired ceramics and glass.  Have new health and safety laws and awareness of ‘green’ issues altered the way you work or prompted you to think of new solutions? Whether is it a standard treatment given a personal twist or a new product that you have discovered we’d like to invite you to share your experience with us.
Students! This year we would also particularly like to hear from you. Have you carried out an interesting project on ceramics, glass or related materials? Have you assessed or compared specific conservation materials or approaches? You will have the chance to present your studies to a friendly audience in Liverpool either as a poster or presentation.
Deadline for abstracts: 16 December 2011

Contact: Nancy Sharpe [log in to unmask] or Liesa Brierley [log in to unmask]
We are looking forward to hearing from you!