Mill Grove <[log in to unmask]>

List for discussion of sociology and related disciplines from a christian perspective <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 9 Dec 2001 19:17:38 -0000

Dear Greg,
That's a bit of a shock!  Wow, you must have done some heartsearching.
Keep us posted.
It makes an Ilkley weekend in North Wales seem more sensible, but we will
miss you in the East End.
thanks for your link with Stephen Timms.  As you may have heard, he will be
speaking at the Forum.
A joyful Christmas,
Keith and Ruth and all at Mill Grove.

-----Original Message-----
From: List for discussion of sociology and related disciplines from a
christian perspective [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of Greg Smith
Sent: 07 December 2001 08:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: heading north

Sorry if this arrives by multiple routes.

This is just to offer seasonal greetings and let you know that as a family
we will be relocating to Preston early in the new year in consequence of my
partner taking a new job.

After 26 years living and working in Newham it will be sad in many ways, and
I shall certainly miss all the people I have worked alongside during those
years. Thank you all for the support and friendship you have offered.

For the next nine months at least I hope to remain on the payroll of UEL and
concentrate on the analysis and writing up of the research on Engaging Faith
Communities in Urban Regeneration. After that the future remains open,
though I would want to continue with the mixture of research and community
work and be available for advice and consultancy work to churches and
voluntary organisations.

We don't anticipate moving until about February and work related mail and
messages should still reach me at the address below.  This email address
should remain valid for the foreseeable future and my virtual activity
managing email lists etc. should mostly remain unchanged. I shall try to
fulfil any commitments and diary engagements in London until at least the
end of February.

If you want to see me before we leave London, or need to contact me to
discuss the continuation of any pieces of work in which I have been
involved, please get in touch as soon as possible.

Greg Smith (Research Fellow)

http://homepages.uel.ac.uk/G.Smith/

You can mail me at  UEL
Centre for Institutional Studies,