CETIS-ECSIG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

CETIS-ECSIG Home

CETIS-ECSIG  2001

CETIS-ECSIG 2001

SIG name change clarification

Lorna M Campbell <[log in to unmask]>

the cetis learning content special interest group <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:53:09 +0100

Hi there,

Group, yes we have been re-named!   You may remember at the Strathclyde
meeting that several people pointed out that the phrase Learning Content was
rather non-sensical (content doesn't learn!) and that Educational Content
would be a much more appropriate name for the group. This is noted in the
minutes of the first meeting and in the mail that accompanied the minutes.  I
hope that's okay with everyone.  The original url of the project website which
Eddie notes below still works but now points to the same directory as our new
URL http://www.cetis.ac.uk/educational-content/ Similarly the mailing list has
been re-named from the [log in to unmask] to
[log in to unmask]  Apologies for the confusion, I obviously didn't
make this clear enough in my earlier mail.

This may be a good point to refer to one of the actions agreed at the previous
meeting.  Mark Stiles mentioned the importance of agreeing on a vocabulary
that is appropriate to UK FE/HE and later in the day, Steve Draper asked me to
draw up a list of terms which we could attempt to define.  I will submit a
provisional list of terms to the mailing list later this week so if any of you
can think of specific terms which it would be useful to define send them in
now!

Bye for now
Lorna

--