To view this newsletter in a browser, visit:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=CETIS-ANNOUNCE;d5ec2474.1503p

To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

Logo January & February 2015
Cetis Newsletter

Second Stage of New Subject Code Consultation is Launched

Consultation is now open on a new subject coding scheme to replace the current Joint Academic Coding Scheme, JACS 3. Cetis staff, Wilbert Kraan, Adam Cooper, Phil Barker and Lorna Campbell have worked with Alan Paull, Charlie Paull and Gill Ferrell to produce HECoS – the Higher Education Classification of Subjects for the Higher Education Data and Information Improvement Programme (HEDIIP). Further information is available on the Cetis site.

New RAGE Project will Create Advanced Technology for European Applied Games Industry

Cetis is delighted to announce the launch of the RAGE (Realising an Applied Game Eco-system), project a 9,000,000 euro EU funded Horizon 2020 project which will provide advanced technologies and know-how to the applied games industry across Europe. Cetis will lead work package 7 focused on Business modelling addressing issues including the cultural and technical interoperability of assets. The full press release has more details.

QTI 2.1 tool tutorial

(Back to Top)

Wilbert Kraan

Image

25th February 2015

Learning about an interoperability specification such as a QTI 2.1 becomes easier when you can see it working in a set of tools. In this post, we’ll create a very simple test using three freely available tools.

READ MORE

Sharing Project Practices: the LACE Compendium

(Back to Top)

Brian Kelly

Image

19th February

Open Practices Covered in this Blog I have written a number of posts on various aspects of openness since this blog was launched back in 2007, with posts in recent months.

READ MORE

Seminar on “Preparing Our Users For Digital Life Beyond The Institution”

(Back to Top)

Brian Kelly

Image

11th February

Later today I am giving a seminar on “Preparing Our Users For Digital Life Beyond The Institution” for the iSchool at Northumbria University. As described on the iSchool web site.

READ MORE

“After Sustainability” – education for noble savages

(Back to Top)

Simon Grant

Image

28th January

I came across John Foster’s blog post, introducing his recent book “After Sustainability”, first through resilience.org. Lancaster University being where he teaches, and near where I live, we met up for a rich conversation, and he kindly lent me a copy of the book. Very interesting reading it is, too!

READ MORE

WordPress LTS?

(Back to Top)

Phil Barker

Image

12th January

A question: does WordPress have anything like the Long Term Stability branches of Ubuntu?

The Cetis website is based on WordPress, we use it as a blogging platform for our blogs, as a content management system for our publications and as a bit of both for our main site. It’s important to us that our installation (that is the WordPress core plus a variety of plugins, widgets and themes) is stable and secure.

READ MORE

Looking forward to OER15!

(Back to Top)

Lorna M. Campbell

Image

7th January

Clearing the post-Christmas mail backlog is always a bit of a chore, but it was well worth it to find two emails from the OER15 committee saying the papers I submitted have been accepted for this year’s conference, which is taking place in Cardiff in April.

READ MORE

Our pick of Cetis posts 2014

(Back to Top)

Christina Smart

Image

7th January

It’s that time of year again, so as an antidote to post Christmas blues here is our pick of posts from 2014. Each member of Cetis has picked out a post from last year that they liked the best along with a brief explanation of why. 2014 was a busy year for Cetis, and the posts we’ve picked illustrate the variety of projects we’ve been working on.

READ MORE

More information on the Cetis website.

(Back to Top)

READ MORE

All links go directly to individual blog sites

You are subscribed to Cetis Newsletter. To unsubscribe, visit:
https://WWW.JISCMAIL.AC.UK/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CETIS-ANNOUNCE&A=1

http://www.cetis.ac.uk

We like feedback! Let us know what you think of this newsletter.