To view this newsletter in a browser, visit:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=CETIS-ANNOUNCE;834ddcb8.1501p

To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

Logo November & December 2014
Cetis Newsletter

Report on New Subject Coding Scheme

In November HEDIIP published a report on the requirements for a new subject coding system. The report by Cetis’s Wilbert Kraan with Alan Paull from APS consulting, summarises the findings of an extensive stakeholder engagement process to identify the requirements for this new system. The Stage 1 Report titled New Subject Coding Scheme, Impact Assessment and Requirements Definition is available on the
HEDIIP site.

New report: Synthesis of the LRMI implementation projects

A new report synthesising ten LRMI implementation projects undertaken during phase two of the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative is now available. Since 2011, the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative has aimed to make it easier to publish, discover, and deliver quality educational resources on the web. In the final phase of the project Cetis’s Lorna Campbell and Phil Barker were asked to produce case studies on the implementation of the specification by ten OER repositories and applications.

Learning Analytics Review: Measuring and Understanding Learner Emotions

As a member of the Learning Analytics Community Exchange project, Cetis has been involved in the publication of the first of a series of review papers on learning analytics. The first paper in the series is now available from the project site, and reviews the literature on emotions in student learning and how they can be measured.

Top posts this issue...

LRMI Implementation Report: Overview, Issues and Experiences

(Back to Top)

Lorna M. Campbell

Image

22nd December

Towards the end of last week Phil Barker and I completed and published our technical synthesis of the ten Learning Resource Metadata Initiative (LRMI) implementation projects funded through Creative Commons by the Bill and Melinda Gates and William and Flora Hewlett Foundations during phase two of the LRMI project.

READ MORE

How do I go about doing InLOC?

(Back to Top)

Simon Grant

Image

2nd December

It’s been three years now since the European expert team started work on InLOC, working out a good model for representing structures and frameworks of learning outcomes, skill and competence. As can be expected of forward-looking, provisional work, there has not yet been much take-up, but it’s all in place, and more timely now than ever.

READ MORE

Initial thoughts on EPUB-WEB (Portable Documents for the Open Web Platform)

(Back to Top)

Phil Barker

Image

28th November

In a W3C Unofficial Draft White Paper “Advancing Portable Documents for the Open Web Platform: EPUB-WEB” published 21 Nov 2014, Markus Gulling of IPDF (curators of the EPUB standards) and Ivan Herman of W3C (curators of web standards) have highlighted the potential of a specification that brings EPUB on to the Web. Informally known as EPUB-WEB, the vision is that this specification would make “EPUB a first-class citizen of the Open Web Platform and as a result significantly reduce the complexity of deploying EPUB content into browsers, for online as well as offline consumption”

READ MORE

Open Scotland at SHED

(Back to Top)

Lorna M. Campbell

Image

26th November

On Monday I gave a presentation on Open Scotland and the Scottish Open Education Declaration at a Scottish Higher Education Developers event hosted by the inestimable Jisc RSC Scotland. Vicki Dale was kind enough to tweet my presentation and Sheila MacNeill drew one of her fabulous visual notes, so I’ve collated them into a little Storify here.

READ MORE

NMC Virtual Symposium on the Future of Libraries: Emphasis on Mobile (Anytme, Anyplace, Anywhere)

(Back to Top)

Brian Kelly

Image

13th November

Yesterday I took part in the NMC Virtual Symposium on the Future of Libraries. I was invited to be a panel member following my participation in the group which took part in the development of the NMC Horizon Report: 2014 Library Edition.

READ MORE

From the Modernisation of Higher Education Report to the Open Learning Analytics Network Summit

(Back to Top)

Brian Kelly

Image

7th November

In a recent post on a Report on Modernisation of Higher Education I described how the High Level Group’s report on the Modernisation of Higher Education which covers New modes of learning and teaching in higher education gave a high profile to the importance of learning analytics. The report includes a section entitled More personalised learning informed by better data...

READ MORE

EduWiki Conference 2014

(Back to Top)

Lorna Cmpbell

Image

5th November

Last Friday I went along to the EduWiki Conference in the distractingly beautiful St Leonard’s Hall at the University of Edinburgh. I have to confess to being a bit of a Wikimedia fangirl; I’m not a Wikimedian myself, but I’m a huge fan of Wikimedia’s work in the education domain and I believe Wikimedia has an important role to play, not just in disseminating open educational resources, but also in developing open education practice.

READ MORE

More posts are available on the Cetis site.

(Back to Top)

Image

READ MORE

All links go directly to individual blog sites

You are subscribed to Cetis Newsletter. To unsubscribe, visit:
https://WWW.JISCMAIL.AC.UK/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CETIS-ANNOUNCE&A=1

http://www.cetis.ac.uk

We like feedback! Let us know what you think of this newsletter