Helical Processing Questions

Scott Walsh <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 16 May 2018 18:44:44 +0100

Dear CCPEM Community,

I am working on a helical reconstruction of a homomorphic fiber.  I have been using Relion 2.1 for the data work up.  Is it possible to define and optimize negative twists values?  If so, how does one do this?  I received compilation errors when trying to do this.

I manually picked 100s of micrographs using the helical utility with Relion (start and end) with MotionCorr2/Gctf corrected micrographs using 1 set of processing parameters.  If I go back and re-process (MotionCorr2/Gctf) the micrographs using a different set of processing parameters, is there a way to use the manually picked coordinates from the first set for the second set without having to go through a re-pick the fibers?  Is there a utility to change the coordinate**.star file to do this?

Thank you for the help and guidance.

Best regards,

Scott

Scott T. R. Walsh, Ph.D.