Help for CCPEM Archives

CCPEM Archives

CCPEM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

CCPEM Home

CCPEM  July 2018

CCPEM July 2018

Re: information represented in 2D class?

Reinhard Rachel <[log in to unmask]>

Reinhard Rachel <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 13 Jul 2018 08:37:10 +0200

>>> 12.07.2018 at 18:42:
> I knew it was a silly question (because the data is electron transmission and
> not reflection), but for some reason I thought otherwise.

there are no silly questions ... never. Raise any question you like - this is the reason this forum does exist.

> So I can conclude that features I see in 2D classes are z-less, and can be
> anywhere along that axis in the orientation shown?

YES and no - not anywhere, but their position is ambigous, if you only have 2D data to interpret - and this is the reason we are going for a determination of the absolute 3D structure, from as many 2D projections as we can get.
have a nice weekend, Austin , and all the best.
Reinhard

--
Prof. Dr. Reinhard Rachel
University of Regensburg

Next microscopy conferences:
- 19th International Microscopy Congress, Sydney; 9-14 Sept 2018
http://imc19.com/
- Microscopy Conference MC2019, 1.-5. Sept 2019 in Berlin
- EMC2020 in Kopenhagen (European conference)
- MC2021 in Vienna (D-A-CH conference)
- next Microbiol. conferences:
VAAM 17.-20.03. 2019 Mainz