Help for CCPEM Archives

CCPEM Archives

CCPEM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

CCPEM Home

CCPEM  June 2018

CCPEM June 2018

Re: Combining data from different Relion project directories

Sjors Scheres <[log in to unmask]>

Sjors Scheres <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 10 Jun 2018 20:53:49 +0100

Hi Ashu,
Next time, you could also copy the micrographs (or movies) of each session
into the same project directory (as suggested in the GUI), provided they
are all at the same pixel size.
Now, you could make symbolic links to the Extract/jobxxx directories from
the other 2 sessions into the project dir of the third session, and then
use JoinStar. Again, this assumes pixel sizes are the same. If xxx job
numbers happen to overlap, this again becomes a bit more complicated.
HTH,
Sjors

>  Dear all,
>
> I have 3 different single particle cryo-em datasets (collected over 3
> sessions) for the same protein. They have been processed and worked on up
> to 2D classification and Subset selection stages in their respective
> relion
> project directories independently. Now I want to combine selected
> particles
> from these three sets to make a big set and work on that. What would  be
> the best way to do this?
>
> One way I could think of is creating a joined particle.star file in a new
> relion project directory and editing the paths in the join_particle.star
> file to the corresponding locations in the individual relion project
> directories. Is there a better way to do this?
>
> Many thanks in advance !
>
> Best,
> Ashu

Sjors Scheres
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Francis Crick Avenue, Cambridge Biomedical Campus
Cambridge CB2 0QH, U.K.
tel: +44 (0)1223 267061
http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/groups/scheres