FW: PhD Opportunities at Deakin

Patricia Noxolo <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 20 Nov 2018 09:22:34 +0000

Dear colleagues,

See below.

All the best,
Pat

Dr Patricia Noxolo,

Senior Lecturer in Human Geography

School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences,

University of Birmingham,

Edgbaston,

Birmingham

B15 2TT

UK

________________________________
From: Lloyd Jenkins (School of Geography Earth and Environmental Sciences)
Sent: 20 November 2018 07:27

Morning all,

My long-time partner in crime Steve Cooke, who is now at Deakin, Australia asked if I could share the below. If you know have a student you think would be suitable, or know anyone who may be interested, could you forward on to them please

Im wondering whether you might share these PhD scholarships  one aimed at international students - through your networks please, or if you have any promising students, ask them to get in touch?  We have tried the usual channels (CGF etc) but not huge amounts of interest.  Im on the  supervisory team (via my new obsession  the material and imaginative remains of Nazi zoos at Buchenwald and Treblinka  (shakes head) ) but the lead academic is Yamani Narayanan http://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/people/yamini-narayanan who is a brilliant academic and wonderful colleague.  This is a great opportunity for the right student.

http://www.deakin.edu.au/courses/scholarships/find-a-scholarship/hdr-scholarship-animals-and-urban-planning-in-india

many thanks,

Lloyd

Dr Lloyd Jenkins
Lecturer in Historical and Cultural Geography
Senior Tutor for GEES
Programme Lead for Human Geography
MSc/MRes in Human Geography Programme Lead

School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences
University of Birmingham,
Edgbaston,
Birmingham
UK