Apologies for cross postings
We are very pleased to announce the final phase of the Artifact subject headings review
with the implementation of some new browse sections - Advice & Guidance; Collections &
Exhibitions; Image Banks; and Teaching, Learning & Research along with expanded top level
browse subject headings.
New specialist browse sections
* Advice & Guidance - web sites dedicated to advice for arts and creative
industries-related matters, eg. setting up your own business, copyright advice and
* Collections & Exhibitions - easier access to the best of the Web for Archives, Arts
Centres, Cultural tourism & heritage collections, Museums, Libraries and Galleries.
* Image Banks - all web sites with access to quality images now brought together in one
place within Artifact
* Teaching, Learning & Research - web sites with direct relevance to teaching, learning
and research in the arts and creative industries
Although these sections are still to be expanded with more relevant sub-categories, this
change has been implemented in response to the need for the arts and creative industries
community to gain quick and easy access to this sort of quality assured specialist
The top level headings have been reviewed with a resulting 6 browsable subject areas:
* Communications, Media & Culture (now incorporates Culture)
* Fashion & Beauty
* Music & the Performing Arts (Music added to the title)
* Visual Arts (previously named Art)
Architecture and the Visual Arts have been completely reviewed and expanded with the
addition of more sub-categories where content required it.
The Communications, Media & Culture and the Design subject headings are currently being
reviewed and expanded and once complete, a review of the final two headings; Music & the
Performing Arts and Fashion & Beauty will be undertaken.
Thanks to our colleagues at the libraries and learning centres of the University of the
Arts London, Manchester Metropolitan University, Middlesex University and the Centre for
the Built Environment, for their advice and input into this exercise.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any queries or questions about the
The Artifact Team
Artifact - http://www.artifact.ac.uk/
Please include Artifact in your links directory:
'The best of the Web for the Arts and Creative Industries.'