Help for BLE-ACCESSIBILITY Archives

BLE-ACCESSIBILITY Archives

BLE-ACCESSIBILITY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BLE-ACCESSIBILITY Home

BLE-ACCESSIBILITY  March 2012

BLE-ACCESSIBILITY March 2012

FW: [TECHDIS-NEWS] Visual Impairment and Free Tools - TechDis Tuesday - 6 March

"Sherman, Sarah" <[log in to unmask]>

Sherman, Sarah

Sat, 3 Mar 2012 08:45:44 +0000

FYI
-------------------------
Sarah Sherman
BLE Service Manager
07515 580 385
www.bloomsbury.ac.uk/ble<x-msg://5213/www.bloomsbury.ac.uk/ble>

Skype: sarahlouisesherman
Twitter: BLE1
GoogleTalk: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The BLE is moving to Moodle in 2012-13! For more details, please visit http://www.bloomsbury.ac.uk/moodle

From: Allison Loftfield <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 12:50:05 +0000
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: [TECHDIS-NEWS] Visual Impairment and Free Tools - TechDis Tuesday - 6 March

Assistive technology tools for learners with visual impairment come in a wide range of forms and vary in cost. These commercial tools can offer real benefits to users but did you know that many have free or open source equivalents?

Join us online for a 30 minute discussion about what free tools are available, how you find them and whether or not they are any good.

Tuesday, 6 March 2012, 13:00
www.instantpresenter.com/techdisonline100<http://www.instantpresenter.com/techdisonline100>

Please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ahead of the session if you have any specific access needs.

For more information about TechDis Tuesdays, including topics for future sessions, please visit the TechDis Tuesday page of our website.
http://www.jisctechdis.ac.uk/techdis/investinyourself/havetooffer/onlineworkshops/techdistuesdays

Please note: TECHDIS-NEWS@jiscmail is a ‘superlist’ that emails all the JISC TechDis lists at once so as to avoid cross-posting.

Allison Loftfield
Online Information & Communications Manager, JISCTechDis

T 01904 717580     M 07889 352802     [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>     S allison.loftfield

Webhttp://www.jisctechdis.ac.uk<http://www.jisctechdis.ac.uk/>     Twitter @jisc_techdis     JISCmail JISC-TECHDIS

JISCTechDis, advising the education sector on technologies for inclusion and accessibility.
c/o The Higher Education Academy Building, Innovation Way, York Science Park, York, YO10 5BR.

A JISC Advance Service.

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us. Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131